Alcohol prices on Carnival Legend in Australia

WooWah

Hi All,

I'm a first time cruiser going on the Carnival Legend from Melbourne to New Zealand return in February 2019 and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what drink prices are like on the ship.  Drinks including:

• Wine
  • Champagne
  • Beer
  • Spirits
  • Non alcoholic - soft drink, water etc

Also, are we able to take 12 cans or bottles of drink on board with us?  If so, are they allowed to be alcoholic or only soft drink or bottled water?

Thank you for any information, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,

T

Haven't been on Carnival Australia in a couple of years so this could be wrong now, if anything it might be a little more-

Wine - $33+ bottle, $10+ a glass.
Champagne - Real stuff $80+ a bottle, cheapest sparkling $33 a bottle.
Beer- $7.50 to $8.95
Spirits- $8 to $10 + 60c for the mixer
Soft drink - $3 per can
Water- $5 for liter. 

Can take 12 cans, they don't allow bottles and non-alcoholic only.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisin-m said:

Can take 12 cans, they don't allow bottles and non-alcoholic only.

Carnival out of the US prohibits bottles but Carnival Australia allows up to 600 mL bottles of soft drink. 

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/53/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles, cartons and/or cans, 600ml each or less.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

That's helpful.Thank you.

The Panorama is coming to Australia, so a Cloud 9Oceanview Stateroom is a possibilty for a future cruise. I'm keeping a watch on the boards for any useful information.

Can you link where you saw this information? As far as I’ve heard, the Panorama is going directly to Long Beach, at the end of next year. I was away cruising for a month recently, so maybe I missed some info.

Edited by crzndeb

My understanding is that Splendor is currently based at Long Beach and Panorama will take her place there when Splendor comes here - perhaps that's where the confusion has arisen.  If Panorama was coming to Australia it would be all over every single Australian-based cruise forum and website!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, crochetcruise said:

That's helpful.Thank you.

The Panorama is coming to Australia, so a Cloud 9Oceanview Stateroom is a possibilty for a future cruise. I'm keeping a watch on the boards for any useful information.

OOOPS! Wrong ship I confused the Panorama with the Splendour! Very sorry for any confusion I've caused!

Think where I got confused, it's the Panorama DECK that has the Cloud9 Oceanview Staterooms!

I collected a copy of the 2018-2020 Carnival Australian brochure from my TA when I went in to make another part-payment for a cruise on another line. Saw the brochure and grabbed myself a copy. On the back page 25th of November, 2019 there's a listing-Splendour sailing Singapore-Sydney.

Edited by crochetcruise
Inaccurate information.

2 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

OOOPS! Wrong ship I confused the Panorama with the Splendour! Very sorry for any confusion I've caused!

Think where I got confused, it's the Panorama DECK that has the Cloud9 Oceanview Staterooms!

I collected a copy of the 2018-2020 Carnival Australian brochure from my TA when I went in to make another part-payment for a cruise on another line. Saw the brochure and grabbed myself a copy. On the back page 25th of November, 2019 there's a listing-Splendour sailing Singapore-Sydney.

The Cloud 9 Spa canins are a great choice.  Although I haven’t cruised on Splendor, I have spent a lot of time in the thalassotherapy pools on Dream class ships. That only is worth the small additional amount it costs for a Cloud 9 cabin.