Can OBC be used towards gratuities?

This will be our 1st Royal Caribbean cruise since 2004 and realize that many things have changed since then. We have OBC given to us by our travel agent and was wondering if we can use it towards our gratuities? If so, do we tell the agent when we check in that that's what we want to do? Thanks for your input!

OBC is just a credit toward charges on your onboard account. You do not actually specify which charges they pay for, it is just a credit. As noted above, as long as you don’t prepay gratuities and they are added to your onboard account, then you can use the OBC to pay them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Is it possible to add the gratuities and pay them before the cruise from the website or do you have to call to do this? I didn't add the gratuities at booking.

You must contact whoever booked your cruise to pay for gratuities after the initial booking.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You must contact whoever booked your cruise to pay for gratuities after the initial booking.

I booked directly through Royal's website. It's no big deal if I don't pre-pay them since they'll be charged on board. 

Edited by sparks1093

40 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I booked directly through Royal's website. It's no big deal if I don't pre-pay them since they'll be charged on board. 

Then you would have to call Royal's customer service to pre-pay gratuities.  Should not be a long process, they seem to have streamlined their workflow when it comes to taking money.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1