Laundry-Embarkation Day-Royal Caribbean

cruisekap

Hi,

I am cruising on Rhapsody on Nov 10 out of Venice.  Prior to the cruise I am in the UK and Venice for 9 days.  I would really like to do some laundry prior to the cruise but the hotels I am staying in do not have laundry services.  I have never taken advantage of RCI laundry services.  My question is are laundry services available on embarkation day?  If so, is it all "a la carte"or can I do a bag of underwear/socks etc.?

Thanks,

Kathy

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The bag will be hanging in your closet. $35

Probably wont be back within normal 24 hr turnaround

It may well be, though. I've certainly fired off a pressing order on embarkation day for a Day 2 formal night back in the day when I cared about formal nights. Just don't give 'em your last pair of socks. 🙂

Edited by hellsop

1 minute ago, hellsop said:

It may well be, though. I've certainly fired off a pressing order on embarkation day for a Day 2 formal night back in the day when I cared about formal nights. Just don't give 'em your last pair of socks. 🙂

Sure, I'm still using that service.  I was just thinking that laundry is different than pressing 

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sure, I'm still using that service.  I was just thinking that laundry is different than pressing 

It's the same place. Pressing is part of the laundry service, they just skip the washing bit. And it's not like they leave the sheets and pillowcases unpressed when the do the turnaround laundry.

Does the ship not have a do it yourself laundry area?  I haven't sailed Royal before, my first time will be in December, but on our Princess cruises, there was always a do it yourself laundry area that you used quarters for the machines.

3 minutes ago, Irule7 said:

Does the ship not have a do it yourself laundry area?  I haven't sailed Royal before, my first time will be in December, but on our Princess cruises, there was always a do it yourself laundry area that you used quarters for the machines.

No self laundry. Any thing you don't care about goes in the $35.00 wash and fold bag, anything you want to wear without wrinkles goes to dry cleaning. 

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

No self laundry. Any thing you don't care about goes in the $35.00 wash and fold bag, anything you want to wear without wrinkles goes to dry cleaning. 

Do any of the ships have self laundry?  I'm going to be on Adventure of the Seas.  I just assumed they would have a self laundry.  If not, I better think about my packing strategy

Edited by Irule7

11 minutes ago, Irule7 said:

Do any of the ships have self laundry?  I'm going to be on Adventure of the Seas.  I just assumed they would have a self laundry.  If not, I better think about my packing strategy

Never mind, did a search and answered my own question.  Guess I'm going to have to pack more clothes than I thought 🙂

No, none of the Royal ships have a self service laundry area. Packing is easier on a Princess cruise. I make use of the laundromats. Less packing. It is especially helpful on longer cruises (10-12 days). I would not consider another cruise tour to Alaska unless it was Princess because of this. I was spoiled.

3 hours ago, hellsop said:

It's the same place. Pressing is part of the laundry service, they just skip the washing bit. And it's not like they leave the sheets and pillowcases unpressed when the do the turnaround laundry.

Correct, I meant it added another process or two and would take more time. 😇