Taking food/snacks to your cabin?

Wishing on a star

I go up to the buffet when it opens and get some of their wonderful cheese and crackers to  bring to our cabin for Happy Hour.

We open a bottle of wine and sit on the balcony. No one ever says anything.  I also get fruit from the breakfast buffet to keep in our refrigerator for a late night snack.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, elliair said:

Exactly!  I never understood why people leave their dirty dishes and half-eaten food outside their door.  Do they do that at home?

I totally agree with you.  Besides if I did that my mother would kill me 😁

Tony

10 minutes ago, rockdoctor said:

There is so much food on the ship that I usually take my Turn Down chocolate home. Embark as a passenger, disembark as cargo. If I gain 2 or 3 pounds, the cruise is a success.

:classic_laugh: hilarious 

On 10/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, hikergirl100 said:

I go up to the buffet when it opens and get some of their wonderful cheese and crackers to  bring to our cabin for Happy Hour.

It opens at 6 am.  Your guys get an early start on happy hour!  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

On 10/27/2018 at 9:28 AM, nukesubsailor said:

About taking food into certain bar areas---this is just speculation but maybe the reason for the bar staff asking people to not bring food into the bar has to do with the segregation of trash required for recycling and disposal.  A bar may not have a receptacle for food waste other than drink garnishes such as lemons or limes.  Also a bar may not have room to handle items like plates, knives, and forks or the staff to carry those items to a food service area. 

sounds like lazy staff to me, I would just ignore them.

This reminds me on fish and chip days in Crown Grill, I often go and get two orders, plus two beers and leave... I have been told that is not allowed either, I just do it.  I paid for the beer I eat the fish and chips where I please..