What other bar hops besides Cozumel Barhop

momma-devore9702

1 hour ago, momma-devore9702 said:

I have seen recommendations for Cozumel Barhop but unforunately we waited to book and they're full.

We are specifically interested in the barhop type tour. Does anybody have suggestions as to companies to use?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Cozumel bar hop is the original tour which gets the rave reviews.https://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

Quite easy to arrange your own personal hop to the same places (or include other options) if you contract a taxi from the dispatch for a set number of hours, or pre-arrange a tour with a driver from a company like ToursPlaza and customize your own tour. 

We have done, and enjoyed, both for different reasons. Bar Hop is more sociable and fairly cost effective for two people, but a private tour allows you to stop where you want for as long as you want.

We have done the bar hop and would highly recommend it in the future. We have rented a jeep a couple times and have driven to the other side of the island. A jeep is great because you can stay as longvas you want, wherever you like. Only problem was deciding on a designated driver. 

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Cozumel bar hop is the original tour which gets the rave reviews.https://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

Quite easy to arrange your own personal hop to the same places (or include other options) if you contract a taxi from the dispatch for a set number of hours, or pre-arrange a tour with a driver from a company like ToursPlaza and customize your own tour. 

We have done, and enjoyed, both for different reasons. Bar Hop is more sociable and fairly cost effective for two people, but a private tour allows you to stop where you want for as long as you want.

Second the idea to use a taxi or Tours Plaza driver.  Then you can do not only the places on the Barhop stops but other stops as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you still have to get your own taxi downtown to meet them (cozumel bar hop) at the Starbucks to start.  If I recall they will drop you at the intl. pier if that is where I will be docked.  I wish they would pick up at the intl. pier.   I'm solo this time and hate getting in a taxi alone in Mexico.  I know Cozumel is overall pretty safe, but .....

Edited by Trekker954

25 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

Do you still have to get your own taxi downtown to meet them (cozumel bar hop) at the Starbucks to start.  If I recall they will drop you at the intl. pier if that is where I will be docked.  I wish they would pick up at the intl. pier.   I'm solo this time and hate getting in a taxi alone in Mexico.  I know Cozumel is overall pretty safe, but .....

Yes, the meeting point is at the Punta Longosta terminal, usually in front of Senor Frogs... A cab ride is $8 from the International terminal...

25 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

You do have to taxi downtown to meeting place because of union rules for picking up at the ports. In January the meeting point was Senior frogs downtown, near to Starbucks. They are able  to drop you off at the individual ports. Try and team up with someone going downtown from your roll call or at the dispatch line to save money and travel with someone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We arrive in port at 8:00am and leave at 6:00pm. Any idea on what time this tour would start? Not really looking to barhop too early! Also, is there enough time to go to a beach, like Paradise, after the tour? Thanks for any info...this tour sounds like a blast.

39 minutes ago, KYWEST1 said:

We arrive in port at 8:00am and leave at 6:00pm. Any idea on what time this tour would start? Not really looking to barhop too early! Also, is there enough time to go to a beach, like Paradise, after the tour? Thanks for any info...this tour sounds like a blast.

Tour start time changes depending on ships in port on any given day. Best to write and ask for your particular date. Sometimes more than one tour.

you are unlikely to have time to go to Paradise, unless you do start early as tour is around 4 hours and you are dropped off at your pier. You  may be back by 2 or 3 your call if you have enough time for Paradise we have generally had enough drinking and heat by the time we return.

the new route does have a couple of sandy beaches. 

Edited by c-leg5

Just now, c-leg5 said:

Tour start time changes depending on ships in port on any given day. Best to write and ask for your particular date. Sometimes more than one tour.

you are unlikely to have time to go to Paradise, unless you do start early as tour is around 4 hours and you are dropped off at your pier. You  may be back by 2 or 3 your call if you have enough time for Paradise we have generally had enough drinking and heat by the time we return.

the new route does have a couple of sandy beaches. 

Thank you! You're probably right. I love Cozumel and want to do it all, but I think we'll just do some shopping after the tour.

We used to rent our own jeep and do our own tour, but I think it's a better idea now to let someone else drive us around.

17 hours ago, JoAnneNYI said:

We booked with the Cozumel bar hop company, but we can cancel. Can anyone compare the two? I noticed that the Cozumel cruise excursions supplied a cooler of beer on the bus, but might stop at different bars than the Barhop tour. 

Thanks for any info!