MSC Divina Thermal Area Pass

ready2cruzagain

I usually like the ship spas, but in my opinion Divina's pass is not worth the $100 currently asked for the 10 and 11 day cruises.  The thermal relaxation area is quite small with a Steam Room, Sauna and Sauna w/Steam Room.  I had a Fantastica cabin and toured the spa, but felt it was not worth purchasing a pass.  You can see pretty much all it is on the MSC virtual tour. 

http://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/MSC-Divina/en-us/index.html

13 hours ago, Até said:

I usually like the ship spas, but in my opinion Divina's pass is not worth the $100 currently asked for the 10 and 11 day cruises.  The thermal relaxation area is quite small with a Steam Room, Sauna and Sauna w/Steam Room.  I had a Fantastica cabin and toured the spa, but felt it was not worth purchasing a pass.  You can see pretty much all it is on the MSC virtual tour. 

http://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/MSC-Divina/en-us/index.html

$100pp seemed like a great deal but will pass, looks like the Seaside has a much better spa of course it is a lot more expensive also.  Will wait until the Seaside cruises to get the pass.

I would agree that it's not worth it either. We were in YC so we got it for free but I wouldn't pay for it. The sauna/steam rooms are NOT coed and they only have 6 loungers. They aren't heated tile loungers, just wicker chaises. I actually thought they were quite uncomfortable. It is a beautiful area though and all passengers can use the Spa Bar for smoothies, tea, etc.

^^

That's disappointing. We're on Preziosa next year and I imagine it's a similar setup? As much as the spa on Orchestra was dated, it had Jacuzzis within the complex and large, shared steam rooms and saunas.

I can't believe that the steam and sauna facilities are separated by sex on these newer ships but not on the older ones? We're going in the YC too so not having to pay for the spa outright, but I was really looking forward to it - now not so much.

I've also seen on the 360 degree virtual tours that there are whirpool baths in certain rooms but you have to pay extra for those? I think there's one in the couples massage room and one room dedicated to the whirlpool (noted on the deck plan).

5 hours ago, Captain-John said:

^^

I think there's one in the couples massage room and one room dedicated to the whirlpool (noted on the deck plan).

They have a couples room that is amazing!! It's called the Balneo service.  You get a foot scrub/massage, a back massage and then 1 hour in this amazing jetted hot tub. They fill the tub with oil and bubbles and bring you tea and water. There are floor to ceiling windows looking out on the water.  Best to do it on a sea day since it's so relaxing.

Definitely recommend doing one.

• 4 years later...

Divina spa was disappointing.There were uncomfortable loungers and not heated.Very strange layout.It wasn't co-ed,but male and female right across from each other.Very open.You had to pay and everyone wore a bathing suit.I just had on a towel.Thought Europeans were not prudes.

1 hour ago, garsny said:

Divina spa was disappointing.There were uncomfortable loungers and not heated.Very strange layout.It wasn't co-ed,but male and female right across from each other.Very open.

I agree 100% with this assessment.  The male and female areas are not really that well marked as many men went into the women's sauna because it was the first they saw.  I got access with the YC but I would not pay for it and I only went one time 

2 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

I agree 100% with this assessment.  The male and female areas are not really that well marked as many men went into the women's sauna because it was the first they saw.  I got access with the YC but I would not pay for it and I only went one time 

I posted the original question over 4 years ago and glad we did not do the spa on the Divina. Going on the Divina again next January and no way would I pay for it.  Now the Seaside, Seashore and the Meraviglia are a different story. We love those spas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I posted the original question over 4 years ago and glad we did not do the spa on the Divina. Going on the Divina again next January and no way would I pay for it.  Now the Seaside, Seashore and the Meraviglia are a different story. We love those spas.

Just bought my Seashore pass for an October sailing and I'm pretty excited about the thermal suite after watching a few YouTube videos!  I thought the pass was well priced, too, at a little more than $10 day, well below the competition.

8 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Just bought my Seashore pass for an October sailing and I'm pretty excited about the thermal suite after watching a few YouTube videos!  I thought the pass was well priced, too, at a little more than $10 day, well below the competition.

the Seashore spa is amazing. definitely worth the price.

• Like 1