Urgent cruise compas & menus needed

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, LXA350 said:

Why can't people suprise themselves. Like this there will also not be any disapointment once on board as a certain activity you looked forward too will not be offered on your sailing etc

I used to but RC had made it slightly harder with reservations and specialty restaurants.  For some folks there are things you don't want to miss and need to do a little planning...

ok...but not really urgent

14 hours ago, sh2738 said:

Um no they aren’t. Some parts might be the same, but unless you do cruises constantly and on the same ship they are going to change. If it has been a year or more since your last cruise then your old compass is going to be different than current ones. Maybe not different by much but still different. Especially if you are doing a different ship or itenerary. But with the app, now the compass can be looked up for a lot of different ones to give you a good idea of what to expect. Thanks. 

Did you actually READ what I said?????

I SAID they would be DIFFERENT.  But so will the ones from the just finished cruise.

I guess I'm surprised that people who don't like to plan would be that interested in a forum like CC. It's unfortunate that people who want some information are treated so critically.  Planning is half the fun for some people.  

Also, when people post links to previous threads that can be very helpful. However, the snarky comments about the why the OP didn't look it up are uncalled for. Sometimes you can search but it's not always easy to find the information you need. And sometimes a new post will catch the eye of someone with some good information who didn't contribute to a previous post. 

• Like 3

I can think of another reason to look at menus that hasn't been mentioned  - if the order is the same on multiple sailings, then you can reasonably assume that they will be the same on your upcoming sailing, and that would permit you to determine if you like one night's menu over another particular night when deciding on what night you are booking in a specialty restaurant.  Granted, that is some anal planning, and I am guilty of such things, but don't think anyone is wrong to go into a cruise with no advance knowledge either.

• Like 1

I don't need to see menu's but I like to know whats available before I get on the ship so when I make a decision I have an idea of other options. Other than prepaid excursions every day is a do what I feel like. When I read the compass I amy look for things I am interested in an know what I will ignore

None of that is "urgent" to me. My rule of traveling is take a passport, meds and a credit card.

The point is, how much planning can you do if you do not have accurate info?

Just because the menu order was X last week or last year, does not mean it will be X this cruise.  Same for everything else in the Cruise Compass.