Anthem New Years Eve event(s) ???

GSRDPM

My family is sailing on the 12/29/18 sailing of the Anthem of the Seas.   This will be our first sailing over a holiday.  I have seen some posts regarding RCI charging for reserved tables for NYE activities, but I was hoping someone would be able to speak to what the specific options would be on Anthem as the ship is a bit different in layout and amenities compared to other ships. 

Could anyone who sailed on Anthem (Or even another Quantum class ship) over NYE please share:

1. What venues had special activities for NYE and what were they?

2. Was there always an additional cost with each venue or were there no cost options as well?

3. What time did festivities start and/or when did people start to gather?

Any information would be appreciated!

We are too!

We cruised over NYE on Princess a few years back—unfortunately the seas were VERY rough that day & many (including me😒) were in bed all day—ON LOBSTER NIGHT! DS & I wandered to buffet about 8 & were surprised to find lobster tails there.

i too am curious of events!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, KKB said:

We are too!

We cruised over NYE on Princess a few years back—unfortunately the seas were VERY rough that day & many (including me😒) were in bed all day—ON LOBSTER NIGHT! DS & I wandered to buffet about 8 & were surprised to find lobster tails there.

i too am curious of events!

We'll have to pray for calm seas and warm temps!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It does not appear that you received a response to your inquiry.  We're sailing New Years of 2019.  Can you share any insights on what you learned on your sailing of Anthem this past New Years (2018-19)?  Thank you GSRDPM.

Travel-Boy

• 9 months later...

Sorry. I have not visited this thread in a VERY long time. but I will try to answer to the best of my memory.

My understanding was that the programming around NYE was at the discretion of the CD. 

On our cruise, there was a VIP party with Balloon drop followed up by a virtual fireworks show (Same is free after the Karaoke final) in two70 and sign up was set up in front of Vintages.  It was VERY expensive with packages in the hundreds for seating on the bottom level of the lounge and individual seats for $50 (I think) up in the balcony.  They had a balloon drop in the Esplanade and they sold tables and individual seats along the upper balcony  such as near the Bionic Bar. Seats were $50 each and I forget how much packages were for tables with Champagne. 

Family party with balloon drop was in the Seaplex - no charge. We went into the music hall and listened to music from a table on the upper level and stayed until after the NYE countdown. It was nice there. 

I remember the schedule of nightly events was a little different on our cruise from others with the same itinerary.

BTW, The flow rider was used on both the first and last sea days for those who could stand the cold. 

If you have any other questions - post and I will try to remember to come back and answer.

5 minutes ago, dvond said:

Are there options to just stand and roam around on NYE or do u have to get a table?

You are free to roam around any ship on NYE.  Just be aware that some areas with tables and chairs may be roped off.  I consider them pop-up specialty packages/areas.  Flyers will be left in your room a few days before NYE with all the planned NYE events and will explain what pricing includes and how to reserve space, if desired.  You will be told all the free party areas as well and what kind of 'vibe' to expect in each area.  Family friendly activities are also included.

There is no need to spend extra on NYE on a ship if you don't want to - there is always lots to do - we like to check out multiple areas during the evening and then decide where to stay for the ball drop.

39 minutes ago, ptod said:

You are free to roam around any ship on NYE.  Just be aware that some areas with tables and chairs may be roped off.  I consider them pop-up specialty packages/areas.  Flyers will be left in your room a few days before NYE with all the planned NYE events and will explain what pricing includes and how to reserve space, if desired.  You will be told all the free party areas as well and what kind of 'vibe' to expect in each area.  Family friendly activities are also included.

There is no need to spend extra on NYE on a ship if you don't want to - there is always lots to do - we like to check out multiple areas during the evening and then decide where to stay for the ball drop.

Awesome and thanks 1st NYE cruise after 30 normal ones so looking forward to it,  Im assuming NYE is a dress up night as well

14 minutes ago, dvond said:

Im assuming NYE is a dress up night as well

NYE is always a 'formal' night.  Dress how ever you like.  Dress for dinner and then change for the party times - do what works for you.

MDR will have hats and tiaras and such waiting for everyone at your table.  Go with the flow and just put them on!

Have a great trip!

3 hours ago, ptod said:

NYE is always a 'formal' night.  Dress how ever you like.  Dress for dinner and then change for the party times - do what works for you.

MDR will have hats and tiaras and such waiting for everyone at your table.  Go with the flow and just put them on!

Have a great trip!

That's right! I forgot about that. Top hats, tiaras and horns for everyone. We enjoyed the music hall for free. I would step out  every now and then to walk around the esplanade and marvel at the crowds.