Golf cart company that DOESN'T have awful reviews?

3redheads

There are 3 primary golf cart rental vendors on GT.  Karib, Nathan's and Wet Money.  All their carts are about the same.

Many got wrecked in the hurricanes last year.  And from latest reports, aren't in the best shape.  Not that they were ever in the best shape.  Wet Money at one time was a pretty decent outfit.  But seems like all of these guys are related in one way or another.

IMO, you'd be better off renting a jeep or scooter from maxkarta, also out side the cruise port, or just hiring a taxi for a tour.

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

There are 3 primary golf cart rental vendors on GT.  Karib, Nathan's and Wet Money.  All their carts are about the same.

Many got wrecked in the hurricanes last year.  And from latest reports, aren't in the best shape.  Not that they were ever in the best shape.  Wet Money at one time was a pretty decent outfit.  But seems like all of these guys are related in one way or another.

IMO, you'd be better off renting a jeep or scooter from maxkarta, also out side the cruise port, or just hiring a taxi for a tour.

Thanks for the information!

We will be at Grand Turk on November 19 and are renting from Omar. Even before the hurricane the golf cart have not been perfect, but get us around.   I have been to the island twice before and rented from Karib, but this time he has not responded to any of my emails.  So going to try with Omar has been very responsive already have my reservation and just confirmed it this week. So he has been very responsive.

14 minutes ago, N&J said:

We will be at Grand Turk on November 19 and are renting from Omar. Even before the hurricane the golf cart have not been perfect, but get us around.   I have been to the island twice before and rented from Karib, but this time he has not responded to any of my emails.  So going to try with Omar has been very responsive already have my reservation and just confirmed it this week. So he has been very responsive.

Do you have contact info for Omar, thanks

On 10/29/2018 at 1:03 PM, crewsweeper said:

There are 3 primary golf cart rental vendors on GT.  Karib, Nathan's and Wet Money.

Pretty sure Nathan went out of business several years ago. Now it's Karib, Wet Money and MaxKart. 

We always use Karib just since we have a history with them. Grand Turk is a very small island and with the hurricanes, the salt air and poor roads, golf carts take a beating and it's not like they can run down to a local retailer and replace them. 

• 1 month later...

I had contacted Omar to rent to golf carts for last week. He was very responsive to the first email and also to the follow up to confirm the week before. Well, when we got there Omar had gone home as rented out all of his golf carts and was told he wouldn't be back for hours. I sent an email once home about my frustration that he guaranteed  the carts and again he was very responsive, but very rude. Never again. 

Edited by Dogslider

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 1:15 PM, planmaker said:

I rented PT cruisers, an ATV and a scooter from Max for December.  He responded and this is what he had for a group of 15.  Should I be worried?

How was your experience? I rented two carts next week.

• 3 weeks later...

We rented a scooter from Omar.  Everything was very easy.  We were the second ship to arrive.  When we got there he "upgraded" us to an ATV.  We didn't care but not sure what would have happened if we wanted the scooter.  He didn't have any there.  I did check when we got home an ATV was more money.  

Maxauto rentals went very easy. Our golf cart went a decent speed, another couple that was following us to the lighthouse rented from another company and had a pinkish golf cart, theirs wasn't nearly as fast as ours. 

Walk out the gate and they are waiting right there on the right side. Handed him my paper work and off we went. Very easy experience. They also gave us a small map and pointed out some tourist areas recommended. 

1 hour ago, njrover0216 said:

Maxauto rentals went very easy. Our golf cart went a decent speed, another couple that was following us to the lighthouse rented from another company and had a pinkish golf cart, theirs wasn't nearly as fast as ours. 

Walk out the gate and they are waiting right there on the right side. Handed him my paper work and off we went. Very easy experience. They also gave us a small map and pointed out some tourist areas recommended. 

How recent was your experience?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, GolferGal2 said:

Are there many bars along the way to do a bar hoping?  We will have DD's. LOL 

Jack's Shack is on the left right before Governor's Beach. Then head down to Pillory Beach and Bihio Beach Resort is there and they have a bar on the beach. After there head to the lighthouse and they have a bar there. Those are the three places we hit up and got drinks to go when we left. 

• Like 1