Back to Back Question

doublebzz

When doing a back to back cruise does one have to actually debark after the first segment and go through the embarkation process again for the second segment?  I understand that if there is a cabin change, you will need to get a new sign and sail card.

3 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

When doing a back to back cruise does one have to actually debark after the first segment and go through the embarkation process again for the second segment?  I understand that if there is a cabin change, you will need to get a new sign and sail card.

Depends on the turn around port.

Typically, if the turn around port is a US port, yes, you must debark, check in, and reboard.  Other than US port - you may or may not be required to debark.

The only non-US place where I was forced to disembark and reboard was Japan, as a country. As I recall, it was not a turn-around day, but only the initial entrance. I was there for a turn-around day, so could be mistaken on which day it was.
I have done many turn-around days in several European countries, and have never had to leave the ship unless I wanted to.

I only have done this once, at Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago.  If I remember correctly, we disembarked after all other guests disembarked.  We had a special card, went through a special line and embarked again shortly afterward.  It was not time consuming or difficult.  I doubt that there would be much delay even if you change cabins.