Dining and show times planning

gracey49

You can always move around your reservations once you're on board and can better get a feel for the schedule as well.

I think our Escape cruise last Thanksgiving was two shows a night at 7pm and 9:30pm and each show was about an hour and a half.

What we have found was that if you have dinner in a pay restaurant the 1 1/2-2 hour time is probably a good time but if you go to the non-pay dining restaurants "Not the Buffet" the dining time can exceed 3 hours even when you tell the server that you what to make the 9:30 show. We have missed shows by dining in those venues.

If we are planning to go to the 9:00 - 9:30 shows and plan on eating in the non pay dinning rooms we try to eat dinner at 5:30 - 6:00.

My Wife and Daughters like to go to the shows and there arrival time to get a front row seat is to arrive at the Theater no less than 1/2 hour. They usually get to the Theater 45 min before toting there glasses of wine for the wait.

3 minutes ago, Relax@Sea said:

What we have found was that if you have dinner in a pay restaurant the 1 1/2-2 hour time is probably a good time but if you go to the non-pay dining restaurants "Not the Buffet" the dining time can exceed 3 hours even when you tell the server that you what to make the 9:30 show. We have missed shows by dining in those venues.

If we are planning to go to the 9:00 - 9:30 shows and plan on eating in the non pay dinning rooms we try to eat dinner at 5:30 - 6:00.

My Wife and Daughters like to go to the shows and there arrival time to get a front row seat is to arrive at the Theater no less than 1/2 hour. They usually get to the Theater 45 min before toting there glasses of wine for the wait.

Thankfully I've never had a meal last even close to three hours.  I think that I would have walked out well before then.

4 hours ago, Relax@Sea said:

In 7 NCL cruises and dining in the MDR multiple times per cruise, we've never experienced a 3 hour dinner or anything close.  Last cruise on Escape we dined in a upgrade restaurant or MDR every night except one and always finished up in an hour to 1:15 tops...  And that was on a sold out Thanksgiving week cruise.