What happened to the cruise critic signature?

ShelleyQT

1 hour ago, NurseJEB said:

Seem that in the past some people thought that a signature was the same as an autobiography.  Thankfully the CC staff decided to tighten the parameters for a signature.

Revising my Signature was able to fit it all in on 10 lines - downsized the print removed a line and made two columns.

So what is wrong with this sort of autobiography thing ?

I show the Cruise Line - the Ship - The Stateroom Number - Destination - and Sail dates - in order of recent to past.

A fellow CC member noticing my autobiography thing may inquire about my sailing on a certain ship - stateroom -

date and other details of the sailing.

And I don't think much of this new CC format - primary complaint is you are current in reading and following on a

thread the new additions you have to muddle through all the old posts to get to the newest post now at the bottom of

a page - the former way I had the latest newest post at the top of the page.

Somebody must have resurrected an old version of Windows (without borders) bought at a flea market sale putting

it in civil terms

Bring back my old CC !

AND Where is the PREVIEW button - so I have to post and then go back and edit correct my post !

Apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread - no user manual was provided to CC members how to do things !

• Like 1

You can also turn off viewing signatures entirely in your profile. That's what I have done. 

It's not a big deal, but forums are full of unique messages, and readability depends on the messages being unique. Seeing the same text over and over to read a one sentence response with a large signature interferes with readability and reduces enjoyment of the forums for me. 

I love the new software, especially after the most recent tweaks to make the print more readable. Posting images is much easier. You can get to the "last read" message in each thread by clicking the blue dot by each thread; it jumps to your "last read" pointer in that thread. 

• Like 1

When I tried to edit my signature I could not figure out how to do it.  When I go to account settings and click on signature there is nowhere to edit it.  I can look at the preview which is the same as my signature.  Not sure how to actually fix it though.

Candi

1 hour ago, candigirl41 said:

When I tried to edit my signature I could not figure out how to do it.  When I go to account settings and click on signature there is nowhere to edit it.  I can look at the preview which is the same as my signature.  Not sure how to actually fix it though.

Candi

Just click your cursor in the box where you see your signature in account settings and edit away.

1 hour ago, candigirl41 said:

Candi

As I remarked that 'No user manual was provided to CC members how to do things !'
Mostly due to a trial and error (search and delete) the process of using the forum becomes known.

Re: your Signature
Click on your user name found in the upper right corner of the web page -
Click on Account Settings -
Click on Signature (left side margin) -
Below the Signature Restrictions limitations and View Signatures is a place to insert your signature data -
(Looks like the same reply to a post with the B I U  formats emoji fonts size etc.)
After you have composed and entered your data (Drag files - Insert other media)
Just below that is a SAVE button --- Click on that and if all the data in your signature was according to the
restrictions/limitation - voila you have created your signature.
If you get a RED banner bar something needs altering to be accepted.

If you have an existing signature - it should appear in that frame -
You can edit that data just as you would do with most any word program -
When you are done Click on the SAVE button.