Conflicting information about the signature beverage package.

Jareds_mommytoo

Official corporate policy states 15 total beverages, however it appears that on several ships in the fleet they are interpreting this as 15 alcoholic drinks, and unlimited non-alcoholic.  Depending on the hotel director/bar manager on a given ship this policy could change from sailing to sailing as staff rotations happen. 

My best advice - make your decision on if the SBP is right for you using the corporate policy. If you experience anything different on the ship consider it a bonus!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

9 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Official corporate policy states 15 total beverages, however it appears that on several ships in the fleet they are interpreting this as 15 alcoholic drinks, and unlimited non-alcoholic.  Depending on the hotel director/bar manager on a given ship this policy could change from sailing to sailing as staff rotations happen. 

My best advice - make your decision on if the SBP is right for you using the corporate policy. If you experience anything different on the ship consider it a bonus!

👍 👍 👍 Thanks - great advice!!!  Would also be a good idea to check with Front Desk or Hotel Director as soon as you board to see which "policy" your particular cruise is folowing.

Edited by avian777

The official policy from HAL corporate is 15 TOTAL beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic per guest per day with maximum drink value of $9.00 per drink.  

What is being reported from people on recent sailings is that some ships are only enforcing the 15 drink cap for alcoholic drinks only and allowing clients to have unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (bottled water, soft drinks, coffees, mocktails, juices, etc).  This is NOT the corporate policy.  The references to the Quench package are merely for a reference point.  The Signature Beverage Package has never been advertised as "Quench + alcohol"

Until HAL updates their website we all need to assume that the terms & conditions set forth there will be those applied onboard.  If onboard management elects to change then that is an exception NOT the rule.

Here are the terms & conditions of the Signature Beverage Package as listed by Holland America: 

image.png.c86b85f1e75741a4b8d690b3f3304005.png

10 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

My question was is it now quench plus 15 or 15 total, I know what’s included for quench we had it last time. 

Several people, whom I consider trustworthy sources have said it's "Plus." The HAL site still has the old verbiage though. It's not unusual for the site to be behind the times. 

My understanding is that they're trying to homogenize the drink packages across the Carnival brands. Carnival and Princess are already 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. 

4 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Several people, whom I consider trustworthy sources have said it's "Plus." The HAL site still has the old verbiage though. It's not unusual for the site to be behind the times. 

My understanding is that they're trying to homogenize the drink packages across the Carnival brands. Carnival and Princess are already 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. 

That would be awesome I can drink 6 bottles of water in a day, but need to make sure there is still credits for wine 😂🤣

6 minutes ago, POA1 said:

While this makes 100% sense as to what is happening onboard it would be MUCH simpler, and more logical, to update the T&C on the website to state that on date "X" that the following rules will apply.  If they need to stagger the rollout (which I can't see why they would) they can list that in the T&C.  Doing it the way they appear to be doing is "bass ackwards" and does nothing but create confusion. 

Why corporations fail to understand such a simple concept as managing client expectations, or offering clear concise communication always baffles me.

• Thanks 2