Sales pressure at programmed events

CH_ca

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, phoenix_dream said:

That sounds like a logical approach.  Unfortunately, I have tried that several times and it never stopped them - not even once.  Still tried to push the products.  So I gave up on massages onboard - I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it does.  Agree about the Beyond the Podium events - those are generally very good.

I agree. I have been unlucky aboard X ships consistently getting sales pitches despite politely letting them know beforehand that I'm not interested in hearing about or purchasing products and am there solely for the treatment for which I've paid. Despite informing the techs to skip the product sales pitches, the ones I've had have continued with the commercials while performing the treatments. I'm not shy, rude por uncomfortable being assertive, but I have been ignored. The spa treatments I have available to me at home are wonderful and are also quite a bit less expensive than aboard ship. My new practice is to get a lovely, relaxing, less expensive massage and facial without a sales pitch before I head off to a cruise. Then I avoid the problem on board. 

Most seminars are like infomercials.  They give you info that may or not be the total truth.   They are trying to get you to buy their product but they don’t apply any pressure.   It isn’t like going to a free vacation or resort sales pitch where it is one on one trying to sell a time share.  

The real pressure is in the port when you walk past all of the vendors, tours and taxis.   Or when you visit a store to get your free useless gift.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 hours ago, msmayor said:

What I found more annoying was the constant "You should buy a drink package" once the bar servers found out we did not have one for the first two days of the trip.  One server alluded to the fact that they earn a commission on every one they sell, and stated "I'll be in this lounge every day - you buy a package, take care of me...and I'll be sure to take care of you.  We'll help each other..."

It's not just if you don't have a drink package, there's just as much pressure to upgrade. Also constantly trying to sell specialty dining. I had some people say how much they disliked the constant sales pressure for those.

• Like 1