What to do in the turnaround day at Barcelona, Civitavecchia and Venice

gerelmx

My mistake.:classic_rolleyes:  I had been talking about taking the motor boats on the Grande Canal.  So when speaking of the cruise ship's scenic ride, I wrote Grande,  instead of "the canal" .  I know that the ships do no go down the Grande Canal, but have honestly never known the name of the canal that passes by the Grande Canal on the way in and out of Venice.  So are the cruiseships still allowed to take that same route?  There was a lot of controversy about that in the past.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Eissiesmom above for the maps.  Inserting into my posts is way above my pay-grade.

To clarify:  Looking at the 2nd map of the cruise port..... under the port is the notation with an arrow to St. Marks (piazza San Marco) - that is the "Sea Route" that the shuttle and ALL ships take to the sea that passes St. Marks....but that is NOT the grande Canal shown on the upper map.  It is the Giudecca Canal shown on the 1st map.

BTW, the view of St. Mark's will be on the port side of the ship when leaving Venice.    

Looking at the 2nd map of the port area, the beginning of the Grande Canal is in the upper right between the Rail Station and P Roma (where you get the vaporetto).  

• Thanks 1