Viking Orion Jan 13 Australia and New Zealand

Barb32

Hi, It seems that no one has started a roll call for this trip even though it is only 64 days away. We are also doing the Best of Australia extension and was hoping to hear feed back from anyone who has already done this. We are Barb & Bob from New Jersay.

With only 930 passengers  I don't think it will have a huge number of CC members aboard. I think that the Viking ships are visitors for the first time for a limited number of cruises this season, so again don't think too many would have done it as yet.

If you want information about various ports and such, ask away, but if you are looking for fellow cruisers to share experiences with then perhaps try a social media site.

Roll calls aren’t that big in Aus, plus they fall even flatter the shorter the cruise, and then add in that it’s a smallish ship (lucky you) and only recently started cruising locally. Doubt it will be real active at all.

On November 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Barb32 said:

Hi, It seems that no one has started a roll call for this trip even though it is only 64 days away. We are also doing the Best of Australia extension and was hoping to hear feed back from anyone who has already done this. We are Barb & Bob from New Jersay.

This is a new trip.  No one has done it yet.  If you go to Facebook and do a search for Travellers who love Viking, you will find like minded people.

We are on Orion travelling Alaska next May and barely a whimper on the roll call. Makes organising share excursions difficult. One thing that Viking does that bugs me is that it doesn’t show any Excursions until around 120 days out and then releases them according to cabin category. So by the time normal verandah are released the excursions may be sold out or booked out. And by then it’s probably too late to go to private vendors for tours of choice. I’ve ended up booking most of the highly desirable excursions privately. So far, going on a helicopter to a dog sledding area on Mendenhall Glacier, a light aircraft flight over Misty Fjord, and two small boat whale watching trips. 

This is is a new itinerary for Viking and it’s the first North Bound trip for them ever so there is nothing on the internet to find. I’m in the Friends FB page also but find there are a few too many cheerleaders who shut down comments that can be quite helpful but for them too negative. 

Edited by Pushka

• 1 month later...

New to CC. We are on the Jan. 13/19 sailing out of Sydney on the Orion. Only our second cruise and first time visiting Australia and NZ. Doing our own pre and post for 4 nights each in Sydney and Auckland. Should be a very exciting trip! 

Chris and Michael, BC Canada