Price Drop after final payment - able to upgrade cabin?

benthammy

Hi all,

My sailing has past the final payment date. I noticed today that there has been a price drop such that the next category (oceanview obstructed) is at the same price that I paid for an inside cabin. Since this price drop is marked "for new bookings only", I gather they won't give be a refund on the price difference for my current cabin category. However, is it possible to get upgraded to the next cabin category, as it's currently at the same price I paid?

Thanks!

Edited by benthammy

I did not have any luck with same issue.  My cabin dropped over $400 per person. The new price was marked new bookings only.  My travel agent called and they said no upgrade to another cabin.  However they could reprice it for me and move me and I would lose by promo I had with on board credit.  My fault for booking far in advance. 

12 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Seems like sometimes they will and sometimes they will say no. However you will lose the obc from original booking.

We did this recently and it was approved but found out later on that our stockholder obc disappeared and had to get it put back.

Same thing happened to us, although we had no OBC's; just FCD and a refare. Couldn't believe our shareholder credit was gone but had time to resubmit.

3 hours ago, mediator said:

I did not have any luck with same issue.  My cabin dropped over $400 per person. The new price was marked new bookings only.  My travel agent called and they said no upgrade to another cabin.  However they could reprice it for me and move me and I would lose by promo I had with on board credit.  My fault for booking far in advance. 

No fault for booking in advance - just remember perks from the original bookings/promo do not flow thru to a new booking under a new promo

last year we got the upgrade from inside to the very last available obstructed balcony on Regal after the final payment. Not only that, but Princess rep also gave us the free gratuities perk which was available at that time, and was not available when we actually booked. That was very sweet of them.

I guess that works both ways - rebooking would take away the previous perks. We got lucky.

We are past final payment on a 15 day Panama Canal holiday cruise in an INSIDE booked this past April. Princess now offering BALCNY for $400 pp less (footnoted new bookings only). We have some small TA OBC. Called Princess this morning and (after our TA called) they upgraded us to premium balcony (B2). I am so surprised. All in all, a very pleasant outcome. Never hurts to ask!

• Like 1