Are any beverages included for free? And other questions.

8 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

I would also keep an eye on the refreshment package. It may go on sale before your sailing (I didn't catch which sailing you are on). Also, you can purchase the refreshment package for one person and a soda package  (or no package) for one if only one will drink the speciality coffees, etc...  

I will keep an eye for a sale. Maybe I will get lucky! Too bad we can't share packages. That might make upgrading to even the alcohol package worth it. 

2 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

We would definitely drink the specialty coffee if we had the coffee card. We're coffee lovers. I could get by with just the free coffee on a trip but the coffee card seems very reasonably priced. I think the refreshment package would be overkill for us though. I don't see us drinking non-alcoholic beverages to make up the price difference. If I'm getting a mixed drink, it'll have alcohol. But I'm likely only to have a handful of them across the whole cruise. 

My husband and I were just talking about bringing powdered mixes for our daughter since I don't think we will want to carry much on except perhaps the bottles of wine. Do you know if they have any non-dairy milk on board? Our daughter has a dairy sensitivity and usually drinks almond milk. 

Yes. They do have almond milk. You might want to contact the Special Needs department ahead of time to find out what locations serve.  Cartons of regular milk are usually out with the cereal at breakfast but you can ask at other times and staff will get for you. In the MDR milk is normally served in. glass straight from the kitchen; that’s why I would be sure to ask about almond milk. 

2 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Yes. They do have almond milk. You might want to contact the Special Needs department ahead of time to find out what locations serve.  Cartons of regular milk are usually out with the cereal at breakfast but you can ask at other times and staff will get for you. In the MDR milk is normally served in. glass straight from the kitchen; that’s why I would be sure to ask about almond milk. 

I will do that. Thank you for the suggestion. 

58 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

I will keep an eye for a sale. Maybe I will get lucky! Too bad we can't share packages. That might make upgrading to even the alcohol package worth it. 

Just be aware, it usually takes a few days to credit the original package back to your card.  

13 hours ago, aflyingbuttress said:

Just booked Anthem of the Seas and am now looking at the beverage packages. I’m quite shocked at how expensive they are, though I guess I shouldn’t be. 

We we will drink water, soda, and coffee. What’s the best option for us? Also, we have a 6 year old with us. She’d drink water, orange juice and chocolate milk. Never soda. Does she have to have the same package as us? 

Are any drinks free? Would it be better to pay out of pocket of were only going to have a few drinks per day? 

You have gotten many responses, and the questions have flown back and forth.

IMO, you should each buy the soda package and however many coffee cards you need ($31 for 15 coffees, most easily available at La Patisserie on Deck 4 on the Royal Esplanade, although also available in Café Two70 and the Windjammer buffet and restaurants) and pay for any other drinks as you go.

🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aflyingbuttress said:

That is why they require both parties in the room to have a drink package too many were sharing.

Now I do not get a drink package because my wife barely drinks.

there is plenty to drink on the ship and at the price of the packages it still can be cheaper if you only buy a soda or water a day.

Edited by shred5

10 minutes ago, shred5 said:

That is why they require both parties in the room to have a drink package too many were sharing.

Now I do not get a drink package because my wife barely drinks.

there is plenty to drink on the ship and at the price of the packages it still can be cheaper if you only buy a soda or water a day.

Oh yeah. I totally get why. And I would never share unless it was explicitly allowed. Which is why I say I "wish" I could share. If only they allowed it. 

25 minutes ago, aflyingbuttress said:

Oh yeah. I totally get why. And I would never share unless it was explicitly allowed. Which is why I say I "wish" I could share. If only they allowed it. 

Also if you are a member of Crown and anchor society sometimes you get discount on a drink/drinks and sometimes a free drink..

It has been mentioned you can also bring two bottles of wine per cabin.

I do not think the drink packages are always worth it much anymore either depending on what you drink and the itinerary of the ship. One cruise I was on was in port most days and I drank mostly off the ship. it would have been a complete waste,

If you could buy a drink package for only several days and pick those days it would be best.

Edited by shred5

Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast are included in your fare.  Sodas (canned) are in the $4 range nowadays....if you get a soda package, you get fountain sodas.

Ice water is available at any eating venue or bar.  Coffee, tea, milk and juice are avail. in all eating venues.  Lemonade is generally only in the buffet.

14 hours ago, aflyingbuttress said:

Thanks. I’ll have to add the numbers. While I love a specialty coffee, I’m not sure I’ll drink enough to add up to $26 per day. I’m likely to have one specialty coffee per day. I’d drink a soda with most meals but otherwise stick to water. I don’t often drink tea or lemonade but I could do that instead of soda. I’d almost rather cans anyway. 

‘’But all this info helps me figure out what I should do. 😀

I can never break even with any of the drink packages on a cruise. Most of the time I drink coffee, tea, and water, maybe one or two alcoholic drinks some days and a coke every once in a while. Some say it is so nice to have the package and not worry about the cost, but I constantly worry if I have drank enough to make the package worth it.  

Did you get your money's worth from the drink package? Yes I did! How was the cruise? That, I cannot remember.