*Answered: Last Post & Post Preview

Please can you let me know how to go to the last post on my roll call?   I know on the general NCL board I can click on the blue dot next to the title but, there is no dot on the roll call items.

Also, how do I preview what I post just to check it looks right & no mistakes?

Edited by readingfast

49 minutes ago, readingfast said:

Please can you let me know how to go to the last post on my roll call?   I know on the general NCL board I can click on the blue dot next to the title but, there is no dot on the roll call items.

If you are in the roll call forum (eg https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/298-norwegian-pearl-roll-calls) then you should see a blue dot to the left of the thread title whenever there are unread posts in the thread, as in the screenshot below. This works so long as you have not opened the thread by any other means; once you have done that, then you're likely to find that the unread flag has been reset and the thread title will no longer have a blue dot next to it.

You will see the same if you see your roll call thread in an Activity Stream, whether it's one of the standard ones or one you have set up as a custom Activity Strea,

29mrsxj.jpg

52 minutes ago, readingfast said:

In the menu bar above the text entry box, at the right-hand end there is a Preview icon. Click that and you will see a preview of your post. You can toggle between different screen sizes to see what the post will look like on each. If you are happy, you can just click Submit Reply. If you want to edit, then click the black X in the top right-hand corner to return to the text entry box for further editing.

After you have posted, you can edit your post for a period anyway, if you spot problems or errors at that time.

sxnak4.jpg

• LauraS changed the title to *Answered: Last Post & Post Preview
6 hours ago, readingfast said:

I've discovered, when you hover over the thread title (and wait a second) a preview window opens to see what the first post says.  There are two tabs at the top of that window "First Post" and "Latest Post".  It doesn't take you to the last post, however, you can just preview it.

Alternatively, in the thread title view, you can click on the right hand column date showing when the last post was.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Globaliser said:

If you are in the roll call forum (eg https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/298-norwegian-pearl-roll-calls) then you should see a blue dot to the left of the thread title whenever there are unread posts in the thread, as in the screenshot below. This works so long as you have not opened the thread by any other means; once you have done that, then you're likely to find that the unread flag has been reset and the thread title will no longer have a blue dot next to it.

You will see the same if you see your roll call thread in an Activity Stream, whether it's one of the standard ones or one you have set up as a custom Activity Strea,

29mrsxj.jpg

In the menu bar above the text entry box, at the right-hand end there is a Preview icon. Click that and you will see a preview of your post. You can toggle between different screen sizes to see what the post will look like on each. If you are happy, you can just click Submit Reply. If you want to edit, then click the black X in the top right-hand corner to return to the text entry box for further editing.

After you have posted, you can edit your post for a period anyway, if you spot problems or errors at that time.

sxnak4.jpg

Thanks for this but I have my roll call bookmarked so it would be a retrograde step to go into the roll call forums.  It used to be very easy to get to the unread items but, it now seems this facility has gone. Perhaps I should suggest this is sorted out but where?, I have trouble finding anything on the new CC!

23 minutes ago, readingfast said:

Thanks for this but I have my roll call bookmarked so it would be a retrograde step to go into the roll call forums.  It used to be very easy to get to the unread items but, it now seems this facility has gone.

In this case, this is what I'd suggest (on the basis that going to the first unread post is what you'd like the bookmark to do by default.

The URL of your roll call thread is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363298-january-17th-2019-10-day-eastern-caribbean/

What you need to do is to add the option ?do=getNewComment to it, resulting in this URL: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363298-january-17th-2019-10-day-eastern-caribbean/?do=getNewComment

If you copy that URL and edit your bookmark (or just save it as a new bookmark and delete the old one), then every time you click it you should get to the first unread post in the thread. And then you can navigate from there.

5 hours ago, Globaliser said:

What you need to do is to add the option ?do=getNewComment

Thanks Globaliser - that is really useful- I always had a bookmark for my roll calls and it  held the page I made the bookmark from. That is ok for a few pages but nwhen you set  it up on page 6 and you get to page 60 its not great.  My workround was to change the page number in the url but this is a much better option - Thanks Again

Another problem tonight  - took me ages to get here - wanted me to log in!!

if i switched to another forum it new I was logged in.

However I tried  getting in using .co.uk  and here I am.   🙂

EDIT  wasnt a flook  changed the url back to .com and it changed Log out to log in  BUT is wouldnt let me log in.   Changed back to co.uk  and change Log in back to Log out and let me post this Edit.  :classic_wacko:

Edited by Aulanis
update