Depositing cash on account?

Vigorosity

Hey! So I have already linked my card to my sail and sign account for my upcoming cruise. I am going to see my mom on the way down to port and she is giving me some cash as a gift. Can I deposit cash onto my account even though it’s linked to my card? 

1 minute ago, Vigorosity said:

Hey! So I have already linked my card to my sail and sign account for my upcoming cruise. I am going to see my mom on the way down to port and she is giving me some cash as a gift. Can I deposit cash onto my account even though it’s linked to my card? 

Yes.

Ok so I'm using gift cards for drinks, etc. on the ship.  When I check-in is that when they link everything to a CC?  How do I go about using these?  Can I just have fun then go to the customer service area and have them apply the gift cards or by then will it already be on my CC?  I want to avoid any charges to my CC if possible as I have gift cards and will be bringing cash.

If you have a CC linked to the account you are fine.  You can go to guest services any time during the cruise and have the gift cards added to your account or you can use the kiosk.  Nothing is charged to your CC until the cruise is over.  One time I added cash to my account at check-in (I had already set up with a CC) and it wasn't pretty.  In the chaos of check-in my account was changed to a cash account.  When that money was used they cut off my charging privileges.  There is so much going on and so many people to check-in that those things can happen.  It might not seem like a big deal but I tried to buy something in the Fun Shops (deck 5) and my card was declined.  I had to go to guest services on deck 3 only to find out I had a cash account.  I then had to go up to deck 11 (my cabin), get a CC, go back to deck 3, add the CC to my account, go back to deck 5 to make my purchase and then go back to deck 11 to put CC away.  Just wasn't worth messing with it at check-in.  There are too many opportunities during the cruise to go to GS to take care of that.