Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

Another reply from MSC. 

Good Afternoon Mr Arnold,

Thank you for your email.

As previously advised you will receive the benefits of the original Classic Drinks Package as it was booked before the Drinks Packages were updated. 

You will be made aware on board which drinks are valid for the original drinks package as unfortunately we do not have this information prior to departure. 

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Management

i cannot believe that they do not know what drinks are available to us before we board.

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Ate ... I for one disagree with you about Aurea remaining with the Easy package, the reason being that on Miami sailings upto November 12th Aurea as you know had Classic packages which could be upgraded to Deluxe ....

I will qualify my opinion by adding I would expect an appropriate cabin price reduction for and Easy package Aurea cabin.  As much as I enjoy drinks packages I still would rather disconnect them from cabin/experience types.  A sentiment mostly shared with non-drinkers.  I feel it gives a more accurate idea of how much you are actually paying for the cabin, it becomes too cloudy trying to figure in the value of all these little extra benefits that come with an experience type, especially when one isn't of value to me.  

Off topic, but I also would rather My Choice dining to be a perk that needed to be purchased separately.  Same with the thermal spa, which brings me to why not just get rid of the Aurea balconies.  I usually won't book Aurea because I'd rather it be more à la carte.  I'd pay a little extra for some of the Aurea suites even with out the perks, then just add on what I want.

I've noticed a pervasive trend that the standard Aurea cabins are often the last to sell out.  This doesn't apply to special Aurea suites like aft condos, hot tub or forward angled balcony suites and it is a little less noticeable on the older ships, but it seems very common with Aurea Balconies and basic Aurea Suites on the newer ships with a Yacht Club.  It's just my opinion, but I think MSC will use this as a way to decrease the cost of Aurea and make the cabins more appealing to non drinkers or those that want to choose their drinks package level.  Starting at Easy somewhat enables this without totally pulling the plug.  I'd be fine if Aurea got DOU, same as Bella or Fantastica, as long as the price reflects it.

Ate ... Aurea prices are not going to drop, Easy drinks are not available in speciality restaurants but the other two are. As I posted on another thread it would make more sense to give Fantastica the Easy, Aurea the Premium and YC the Plus. For Bella D.o.U or vouchers. With upgrades available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikea logistics said:

Another reply from MSC. 

Good Afternoon Mr Arnold,

Thank you for your email.

As previously advised you will receive the benefits of the original Classic Drinks Package as it was booked before the Drinks Packages were updated. 

You will be made aware on board which drinks are valid for the original drinks package as unfortunately we do not have this information prior to departure. 

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Management

i cannot believe that they do not know what drinks are available to us before we board.

So will they be able to tell you on the ship or will you have to go to each bar and say, “give me whatever is in my package?”

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Seaside began using the new menus yesterday.

So does anyone know by now how this affects the old classic package if you bought it before the change? Maybe we get some sort of information live from board 🙂

Edited by puschi1906

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

You get what was in the Classic package 

Hopefully as long as the edict from those above has been communicated to those on board. Hopefully someone is on board the seaside soon to confirm how they have got on especially if they had the all inclusive. 

18 minutes ago, sidari said:

You get what was in the Classic package 

That's what MSC told me. But they did not answer my question about the cocktails and I asked twice. My question was "In the description of the classic is stated that I get cocktails up to a price of $8. But there aren't any for this price in the new bar menus. So what do I get?". 

They didn't even answer that they don't know yet, they totally ignored the question. But following this thread I get aware of the fact that it is the same regardless which country... I dealt with the German customer service. 

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Seaside began using the new menus yesterday.

The newly priced menus were posted on FB from Seaside last week.  Hopefully people who just got off will post something about how it was handled on the ship.

Saw a post a short while ago on a UK Facebook group I am a member of, the poster who has just joined Meraviglia says that they have ordered drinks from their package with no problem so far. The package is the Restaurant and Bar package which I think is equal to the US Classic.

Edited by sidari