Queen Victoria evening outfits requirements

EuroFan

Hello, first time on Cunard and wanna make sure I have the wright wardrobe for it ! 🙂 

Can my husband wear a regular black suit on the gala nights? ( we travel from US and don't wanna carry a suit and a tuxedo ) 

For the ladies, dressy pants and blouse OK for the gala nights ? Also on the Black and White Gala, can I wear just black ?!?!? 

We don't usually have a hard time dressing up on a cruise but this one is 14 nights and way more fancy  🙂

Thank You ! 

A dark suit & necktie is acceptable, particularly with a white shirt. Most men will be in a tuxedo.

My wife often wears black dressy trousers and a sparkly top. Many women will be dressier.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EuroFan said:

Hello, first time on Cunard and wanna make sure I have the wright wardrobe for it ! 🙂 

Can my husband wear a regular black suit on the gala nights? ( we travel from US and don't wanna carry a suit and a tuxedo ) 

For the ladies, dressy pants and blouse OK for the gala nights ? Also on the Black and White Gala, can I wear just black ?!?!? 

We don't usually have a hard time dressing up on a cruise but this one is 14 nights and way more fancy  🙂

Thank You ! 

No need to carry.

You can rent a Tux With or without extras

You will be fine with your gala evening outfit suggestions. The gala evening dress code is stated as follows.

“On Gala nights it’s dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regular tie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates for the ladies please.”

You may wish to check out this "What to pack" page on the Cunard web site which offers some attire suggestions in the "Evening style guide" section if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.cunard.com/life-on-board/what-to-pack/

In the "Gala evening attire" section you will see suit options shown for men in addition to tuxedos. And you will see a jacket/trousers option shown for women in addition to gowns and dresses.

And yes, you may wear just black on the "Black and White" themed evening. The themes are just suggestions, so you aren't constrained to just black and/or white on that evening.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

You will be fine with your gala evening outfit suggestions. The gala evening dress code is stated as follows.

“On Gala nights it’s dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regular tie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates for the ladies please.”

You may wish to check out this "What to pack" page on the Cunard web site which offers some attire suggestions in the "Evening style guide" section if you haven't seen it already.

In the "Gala evening attire" section you will see suit options shown for men in addition to tuxedos. And you will see a jacket/trousers option shown for women in addition to gowns and dresses.

And yes, you may wear just black on the "Black and White" themed evening. The themes are just suggestions, so you aren't constrained to just black and/or white on that evening.

Thank You ! 🙂

14 minutes ago, naturelovergirl said:

We will travel from the States as well.

We are looking quite forward to dressing up for our Cunard cruise and love looking quite sharp and spiffy- that said, my husband will definitely be wearing a dark suit with a tie on Gala evenings. That is where he is comfortable and happy.

We usually are overdress on cruises in general but on this one we will be the " under dressed " ha ha 🙂  No Tuxedo and long evening gowns ! 🙂

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

A dark suit & necktie is acceptable, particularly with a white shirt. Most men will be in a tuxedo.

My wife often wears black dressy trousers and a sparkly top. Many women will be dressier.

Thank you ! 

19 hours ago, bluemarble said:

BlueMarble- Do you by any chance have links to the 2019 Formal Gala Evening Themes... specifically a link that can be accessed through the US? (Alas- its the whole AskCunard not having the same info on the US site problem that always comes up) 

I know that you have helped others with these (very helpful) PDFs in the past... I am specifically looking for Queen Elizabeth for 2019. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, naturelovergirl said:

BlueMarble- Do you by any chance have links to the 2019 Formal Gala Evening Themes... specifically a link that can be accessed through the US? (Alas- its the whole AskCunard not having the same info on the US site problem that always comes up) 

I know that you have helped others with these (very helpful) PDFs in the past... I am specifically looking for Queen Elizabeth for 2019. Thanks!

Here are links to the pdf documents for the "Dress Codes By Cruise & Formal Night Calendar" as posted on the Cunard UK FAQ. These links should work outside the UK. Please note these documents do not include all of 2019 yet, just into May of 2019 so far.

Queen Elizabeth dress code for Voyage Q828 to Q915

Queen Mary 2 dress code for Voyage M837 to M911

Queen Victoria dress code for Voyage V829 to V912

• Like 2

On 11/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, EuroFan said:

Thank You ! 

Sounds fine. A white shirt for the hubbie vs a black one and either a black bow tie or a regular tie in whatever color will work. Suggest if you will be in all black bring a white waist sash for B/W ball and you are in style.