Shows &The New Dining Times

mcrcruiser

We are on the Coral now, and the traditional dinner times are 5:15 and 7:30.  The show times are 7:30 and 9:30.  It looks like the show times are set by the ship.  The theater fills up quickly for the early show.  We usually try to get in by 6:30 and find it is full no later than 7:00.

Last night there was a production show, and they had three performances at 6:30, 8:00 or 8:15 and 9:30 or 9:45.  I don’t remember exactly when the second and third shows were.  A few nights they have simulcast the shows in the Universe Lounge.

13 hours ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

I hope someone has an answer to this...We are on the Regal in December with dinner at 7:15.  Wondering if we will be able to watch the show before dinner?  

Just off Royal.  Traditional dining times were 5:15, 5:30, and 7:15.  Production shows in the theater were at 8pm and 10pm.  The main difference I saw and was astounded was that if you wanted ANY seat anywhere for the 8PM show, getting there at 7:30-7:35pm you were out of luck!!  Seems the early traditional dining crowd would eat dinner and then go directly to the theater and sit there for an hour or so!  Ridiculous.  We missed a couple of shows due to this as I am not a 10pm go to production show person.  So be prepared!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

Just off Royal.  Traditional dining times were 5:15, 5:30, and 7:15.  Production shows in the theater were at 8pm and 10pm.  The main difference I saw and was astounded was that if you wanted ANY seat anywhere for the 8PM show, getting there at 7:30-7:35pm you were out of luck!!  Seems the early traditional dining crowd would eat dinner and then go directly to the theater and sit there for an hour or so!  Ridiculous.  We missed a couple of shows due to this as I am not a 10pm go to production show person.  So be prepared!

Pooh

On the CB the AT DR has been opening at 4:45 PM the the first show begin at 6:45 PM. It's either eat fast or dine late since people are already sitting in the show lounge that want to eat late & choice seats have already been taken.

We've been skipping dessert for the better shows in order to even get any seat at the early show. 

These new show times are terrible.

19 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Thanks for the update!  Our workday at home begins normally at 4am....so I have a feeling we'll never make it to the 10pm shows unless we plan on sleeping in the theater.

I just got off the Island Princess.  The show times were at 6:00 and 8:00.  According to the Cruise Director this was so that those who ate late could go to the early show and those who ate early could go to the late show.  This seemed to work very well. Mutch better than on recent Princess cruises