Divine Davina (compared to Seaside)

TrinaLC

I forgot how wonderful the Davina is in all the excitement for the Seaside... We first sailed Davina YC about a year ago, and then Seaside YC six months ago. 

Returning to Davina YC, I now find she is my preferred choice. They have upgraded the YC pool dining options, having added a cooking station for breakfast fresh eggs, omelettes etc., and pasta choices at lunch. The pool deck area has much more shade, much more space and better pool and whirlpool. And while yes there is a walk to the restaurant, it is much much more spacious and elegant than Seaside. Will happily sail either, but I think definitely lean in favor of Davina. 

On board her now, the second sailing after that TA which evidently was not stellar. All the kinks seemed to have been worked out, though boarding was delayed by several hours due to customs I think and the land boarding staff is still re-familiarizing some of the procedures. If you are YC, for example, you really need to seek out the VIP area when dropping luggage and boarding. 

Happy to to answer any questions. 

Edited by TrinaLC

16 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Returning to Davina YC, I now find she is my preferred choice. They have upgraded the YC pool dining options, having added a cooking station for breakfast fresh eggs, omelettes etc., and pasta choices at lunch. The pool deck area has much more shade, much more space and better pool and whirlpool. And while yes there is a walk to the restaurant, it is much much more spacious and elegant than Seaside. Will happily sail either, but I think definitely lean in favor of Davina. 

Here's hoping Preziosa is getting the same changes in the current dry dock....

98 days and counting down 🙂

Dennis

16 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We will be on the Divina a week from tomorrow. About what time was Muster Drill? 

Has the price of the drinks gone up on the Divina since the Seaside has a new bar menu this week.  Which your deluxe package can you still get a glass of champagne or lets say a chocolate martini went up and above the deluxe package price now, can you still get one?  Guess I am more interested in the beer.  We upgraded to the classic package for a larger selection of beer, beers with the classic package use to be up to $5.50 but the new bar menu has them at $6.50 so I am wondering if I can still get the beers I upgraded to.  Hope this makes sense  LOL.

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

Here's hoping Preziosa is getting the same changes in the current dry dock....

98 days and counting down 🙂

Dennis

Actually the new station is not a built in but large stainless steel station. Like an elaborate outdoor kitchen. So a very easy and smart retrofit/upgrade. 

And i I should have been clearer in my first post. The reference to much more shade, better pool and hot-tubs was in comparison to Seaside, and not an upgrade for Davina. I just had forgotten how nice Davina YC pool area is. Th upgrade reference was meant for the new omelette/pasta station and upgraded food service on the pool deck of Davina. It now compares pretty well in that regard to Seaside. 

Edited by TrinaLC

Great to hear your comments! We were in YC on the Divina in August 2017 and it was fabulous! We were then on the inaugural of Seaside in YC and were so disappointed - many service issues, but I'm sure most were due to it being the inaugural. But we far prefer Divina in just about every way. 

We'll be on Divina for Christmas and are so looking forward to it. 

If I could ask about the drinks and changes that we're hearing about - have you been able to order anything in your deluxe package? No champagne or prosecco is listed anymore from what we're hearing. I can't imagine there would be an up-charge for every offering. 

Sounds like some people had to go from the muster directly to the Dining room for early seating.  When was the Meet & Mingle?  We will be back on the Divina at the end of the month.  Bob

Edited by CTBob

Unfortunately the Meet and Greet was scheduled for the second day (of a ten day cruise) at 10;:00 a.m.  we had no desire to go to a “party” at 10 a.m. so skipped it. Previously had been around 5:00 p.m. which was perfect. I hope they change it back. 

There is not champagne Agnes listed in the YC bar list but there is a prosecco (la marca) and a martini & Rossi Asti. Other4 have posted of being able to order champagne but we did not try. The YC bar list that is included is extensive and includes for example single malt scotch (glenlivit) and 12 yo Chivas, woodford reserve .... 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:55 PM, riclop said:

Totally agree we like the Divina much more.

Consensus, Divina YC is nicer but let me ask about YC cabin size only.  Divina YC cabins look narrower and thus smaller (including balcony) than Seaside YC cabins on the video cabin tours. So does the nod on cabins go to the Seaside?  We have only done Seaside YC.

Storage space in cabins on Seaside is woeful unless you are in An Aft Suite or YC.

Having had an Aft Suite and an Aurea balcony on Seaside I can say that storage on Divina is better than the Aurea balcony that we had on Seaside.