Giving A Cruise As A Christmas Gift

yaksarefunny

How old are they?  I'm doing the same but mine are teens.  I've posted a similar thread on FB in the Grown and Flown forum and most people say to give little gifts they can use on the cruise like lanyards for their room key.  Enjoy!

all of my SIL's did this for my MIL a couple of years ago for a girls only cruise.  We found a picture of the ship and printed it out and then wrapped it in a box.  Then everyone gave her little "cruise" gifts.  A hat, beachbag, etc.  We made her open those first so she was really confused as those aren't normal gifts we would give her.  Then after everyone had opened all of their presents we said "oh you have one more".  That's when she opened the ship box and everything made sense.

We have done this for the family a few times.  We just did it very early and told them it was thier christmas present.  They had to prepare for the trip with clothes and spending money.  We provided just the cruise and gratuities and transport to and from.  It worked just fine.  

We gave a cruise to our son and DIL at Xmas in 2010.  2011 was their 10th anniversary, he was turning 40 and we were going to babysit.  The cruise was to be in April.  This was enough time to put in for vacation and get excited.  We too filled a box with suntan lotion, flip-flops, deflated beach ball, menu from the ship, etc.  We also got cancel for any reason insurance for them. 

Don't think you can give at Xmas for a cruise a week later but that depends on your girl's situations.

Unfortunately we had to use the cruise cancellation insurance--my dad (son's grandfather) died that Tuesday and the funeral was the Saturday they were to leave.  So he went to the funeral with us, insurance reimbursed me and they went on the cruise another time with that money.