Change beverage package

pvron1

It may depend on who you talk to. Our last cruise was on the solstice and we tried to do this. They would only downgrade the classic package to a classic non-alcoholic package and then we had to pay the upgrade charge to get the premium non-alcoholic package. We asked on embarkation day and didn't get an answer for a couple days so I don't think it made a difference when we did it.

I was on Infinity and was given the same answer as Sanger727.  I would be downgraded to Classic Non-Alcoholic package.  I kept the Classic and just ordered Virgin drinks.  Not sure the smoothies are that good as I saw a few left lying around. 

1 hour ago, rsquirrel said:

I was on Infinity and was given the same answer as Sanger727.  I would be downgraded to Classic Non-Alcoholic package.  I kept the Classic and just ordered Virgin drinks.  Not sure the smoothies are that good as I saw a few left lying around. 

Wow, that doesn't make any sense, since you can get all the virgin cocktails with the Classic Alcohol Package. There's no point in downgrading from CAL to classic non-alcohol. 

One think OP might consider if he's not allowed is upgrading his own package from his CAL to PAL. The desk person may be more receptive to allowing his wife to downgrade to the premium non-alcohol package. 

I have always wondered about the smoothies made outside of the dining room where they have it for breakfast.  I find that the ones offered at breakfast awful and not cold, but then I am never into yoghurt.  I had the sommelier make smoothies with low fat milk which turned out great and cold. He made it only when I was seated at breakfast.

Are smoothies ordered elsewhere on the ship made with yoghurt?

Edited by CEOofVacation

Not sure about the smoothies.  I did look at the area but I'm on a dairy free diet (along with wheat and corn).  I also can't have raw veggies (except leafy ones) and certain fruit as I'm allergic to them.  

Since it made no sense to have to pay to upgrade to get the Premium Non-Alcoholic package I did not look at the ones they make that closely.  They did have a board with the different ones.  I think there might be a photo posted somewhere on the boards.

I think Virgin Daiquiris are the way to go to get some fruity drinks.  I enjoyed the Mango one.  I tried a regular one but it had too much (or bad rum) in it for me.  I had to get a Virgin one.  My mom had to have a sip and said the one with rum was too fruity (all I could taste was the alcohol).