Sydney port to airport travel time

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Plus the time to get to the railway station, then a short wait for a train. At the other end, you also have to drag your luggage to the check in area, rather than being dropped at the door by a taxi. I vote for a taxi every time. :classic_biggrin:

Unless $$$ are a major consideration I agree.

though on longer cruises I drop The beautiful Mrs G at the OPT (or hotel) go park at the airport long term car park and get the train into the city, for one it works just fine.

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Plus the time to get to the railway station, then a short wait for a train. At the other end, you also have to drag your luggage to the check in area, rather than being dropped at the door by a taxi. I vote for a taxi every time. :classic_biggrin:

At the other end, it's the same, or technically closer as the train drops you off inside the terminal, not even outside. You just take the elevators up.

Though in the city it's a little walk, but very pleasant, smooth, wide, flat, level path, nice scenery, and a very short distance away. Don't find the train an issue there.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Just providing options, I would take the train nearly every time, except I don't normally have a flight out of Sydney after a cruise, however, we are often on the same train going past the terminal stops on our way to our car. The tickets are cheaper again due to not paying the airport levy.