lady of Guadalupe processions/PuertoVallarta?

riffatsea

I indeed think you will need to be back on your ship that day. In general they start in the late afternoon, around 4 or 5 pm. Only on the 12th they start early in the moning. By the time the processions start I get more information re times and groups, but often only 1 day before. It is an amazing event!

• 2 months later...

That sounds like a spectacular thing to see!  Is it only in PV, or do they partake in that in the other ports?  

We'll be in Cabo on the 12th this year, and was wondering if everything shuts down, like the water taxi and other places that ship sponsored shore-ex visit.

If everything is closed, might as well check out the festivities for that holiday.

It is a mexican catholic fiesta, an important  church holiday, especialy at churches having the name of Maria Guadalupe. According this website there is a Maria Guadelupe sanctionary, so yes there will be a celebration there. I checked their website and found those photos there. http://www.loscabosguide.com/santuario-de-guadalupe/

In Pto Vallarta nothing shuts down that day but lots of locals and pueople from neighbourhood places come to town and walk to the church..

Edited by Ine