Infinity Sept 2019 Israel and The Med ...

british betty

Wow! FWIW we paid £1760 pp in balcony, classic drinks package included, last year. Now, OV is almost double that, and Aqua three times. Possibly because it only runs twice a year? OTOH all Celebrity Med cruises have got a lot more expensive.

Maybe there's a sale coming?  Or maybe that's wishful thinking!

As a previous poster noted, there were decent prices to be had throughout the year; the Iberian peninsular cruise I booked earlier in the year for September 2019 cost £1800 for 2 of us in a C2 cabin, with OBC and wifi.  It is now £900 more expensive.  I am not optimistic that good deals will be plentiful in the foreseeable future however.  Thankfully I enjoy land-based holidays just as much as cruising.

I agree with Yorky that Caribbean cruises are often half the price of European ones for the same duration - but they do have a lot of capacity, especially during the winter months when many cruise ships return to Florida.

Edited by mrsgoggins

Keep watching the prices.  I expect they will come down at some point.  

Can't really blame X for trying to get those numbers for a cruise offered only a limited number of times per year.  But when it doesn't fill at high prices, they will probably have to lower the price tag to fill the ship.

You may have to be flexible, and wait till after final payment, but be patient.  

I really hope it works out for you.  We did a land trip to Israel and it was truly outstanding!   Good luck.

1 hour ago, PelicanLvr said:

Keep watching the prices.  I expect they will come down at some point.  

Can't really blame X for trying to get those numbers for a cruise offered only a limited number of times per year.  But when it doesn't fill at high prices, they will probably have to lower the price tag to fill the ship.

You may have to be flexible, and wait till after final payment, but be patient.  

I really hope it works out for you.  We did a land trip to Israel and it was truly outstanding!   Good luck.

I would not count on them coming down.  Holy Land cruises are always expensive because there are so few of them and demand is high.  There are also security considerations and it is important to know that even at those prices, the itinerary is not guaranteed.  The captain can cancel any port stop without offering any refunds if he or she thinks it might have become dangerous.  There are many less expensive and more certain ways to visit the Holy Sepulcher.