Back-to-back on Regent

StarFlyr

We're booked on 2 SEPARATE cruises on the same ship, (each 20 days).  There was no cruises offered that combined these 2 cruises and we have different state rooms.  Does anyone know how Regent handles something like this.  We will have to vacate the stateroom on the first cruise and the second cruise leaves the same day later that afternoon.

Has anyone else done something like this?  What we're really wondering about is our baggage which in all likely hood have to be placed out in the hall the night before.  Does Regent offer to keep our suitcases in storage to be places in the new stateroom (down the hall)?  Or will we have to pick it up dockside and then schlep back to the check in baggage site.

The only reason I'm asking is that we don't want to be tied up with the baggage dockside if we can be doing something great like exploring the town.

And yes, as soon as we board the first cruise, I'll be asking the same questions, but a little fore knowledge would be helpful to prevent my wife from calling Regent and asking this question without getting a definite answer.

44 minutes ago, StarFlyr said:

We're booked on 2 SEPARATE cruises on the same ship, (each 20 days).  There was no cruises offered that combined these 2 cruises and we have different state rooms.  Does anyone know how Regent handles something like this.  We will have to vacate the stateroom on the first cruise and the second cruise leaves the same day later that afternoon.

Has anyone else done something like this?  What we're really wondering about is our baggage which in all likely hood have to be placed out in the hall the night before.  Does Regent offer to keep our suitcases in storage to be places in the new stateroom (down the hall)?  Or will we have to pick it up dockside and then schlep back to the check in baggage site.

The only reason I'm asking is that we don't want to be tied up with the baggage dockside if we can be doing something great like exploring the town.

And yes, as soon as we board the first cruise, I'll be asking the same questions, but a little fore knowledge would be helpful to prevent my wife from calling Regent and asking this question without getting a definite answer.

Regent will know that you're on a B2B.  The staff will move your stuff to your new suite on the morning the second cruise begins.  You do not have to put your luggage out the last evening of the first segment.  What we did was pack our loose items in our suitcases while leaving the hanging items in the closet.  Regent moved the suitcases and put the hanging stuff in our new suite exactly as it had been in our first suite.

Hope this helps.

Dave

WOW!  That would be great. If all that happens, it would be far better than any scenario I came up with.   I also read something that said on B2B booking, Regent offers day excursions for the port where the B2B happens.  Did you find that also to be true?

Thanks for your input on my question!

Edited by StarFlyr

Regent usually offers a few excursions for continuing passengers on the day the second cruise begins.  Usually they'll put a list of available excursions in your suite three or four days before the end of the first cruise.  You choose an excursion and return the excursion document to Destinations. 

Dave

As @DaveFr has advised, Regent staff will make your transition from one segment of your cruise to the next as seamless as possible.

During the first segment of your cruise just stop by Reception or the Executive Concierge to confirm arrangements on changeover day.

You will still have to vacate your suite by 8am to allow the stewards and stewardesses to prepare for the incoming guests but they will transfer your belongings to your new suite; just keep with you your valuables and anything you need for the day.

Also check with Destination Services on board as to whether a tour is being offered on changeover day; this will partly depend  on how many guests are doing the B2B. If there is no tour being offered they will be able to advise what local transport options are available at the port.

If you are going ashore, my advice is to go for a leisurely breakfast and then depart the ship after everyone else has disembarked (probably after 9am). It is also worthwhile calling in to Reception before you go ashore to pick up keycards for your new suite as this will simplify things with port security when you come back. You should aim to be back on-board in time for lifeboat drill which you will have to attend for the second segment of your cruise.

If you wish, you can remain on-board during changeover day; you will have access to the public areas (lounges, pool deck etc) but probably not to your new suite until early afternoon. If you do stay on board it is like being on your own private yacht 🙂 

Have a fabulous 40 nights on board  😎 🍹

There needs to be at least 15, or so, B2B passengers before they will offer a ShoreEx. And if they do it is usually a basic city tour. 

Also, depending on the port, you may have to go thru immigration early in the morning which may involve going ashore.  If you mention what the port is, I am sure someone can give you exact details.

J

Our experiences on several BTBs have been "seamless".  As commented in earlier posts, Regent (and your Travel Agent) know who will be where as to Suites at all times when transitioning from one segment to the other.  Staff was always-there to facilitate move of "stuff" from one Suite to the other when such was necessary. 

This was usually not a problem, because when we booked, we were put in the same Suite on both segments.  So--no need for baggage transfer.  We always had an option for a shore excursion at that particular transition Port.  Or, we simply did our own onshore excursion. 

Regent provided a special "Tag" when we left the vessel, usually after a casual breakfast.  Thus, we went through a separate Line leaving, and when reboarding.  No need to go through an extended Customs process.  The last time we did this was two years ago at Puerto Rico.  So--circumstances and procedures may have changed in the interim.  Of course, as a back-up, always had Passports, Room Cards, ID, and all relevant Regent documents on our persons.  

Again, experiences on such transitions have never caused difficulties.  It will, of course, be necessary to go through another Muster Drill on that afternoon after reboarding when segments exceed 14 or so days. But, you will be back onboard. 

GOARMY!

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, StarFlyr said:

Another B2B question.  Do Regent give us a ID card for both cruises or do we have to get a new one when we board the 2nd cruise?

Our last cruise was a B2B with separate booking numbers.  We received a single ID covering the beginning date of the first cruise through the end date of the second cruise.  If that isn’t your experience, just go to the Reception Desk and they’ll issue you a corrected ID card.

Dave

4 hours ago, StarFlyr said:

Another B2B question.  Do Regent give us a ID card for both cruises or do we have to get a new one when we board the 2nd cruise?

As you are occupying a different suite for each cruise you will be issued with new suite keycards (which act as your ID cards) on changeover day - after the previous occupants have vacated the suite.

If you are going ashore on changeover day then I suggest you call in to Reception to pick up your new keycards before you leave the ship as this will simplify things with port security when you come back.

Thanks Flossie!  We are "moving" down the deck about 10 staterooms due to our first cabin not being available for the 2nd cruise.  My main concern is "messing" up our changeover date as we want to explore the port as much as possible.  IF we could get a new key card before leaving the ship, we would have the whole day.  I'll take your advice and ask reception.

This will be our first B2B cruise in a place a LONG way away, thus avoiding 18  hours of flight time.

On the one B2B that we did that required a change of suite, we had a full day tour planned for the day of the change.

We worked with housekeeping and reception and as soon as the former occupants had left the room, were were allowed to transfer our valuables from our safe to the safe in the new room. We packed up a small bag that included our medications and electronics and left it in the room. When we returned from our day out and went to the new suite, all our items had been moved for us and placed in the closet and drawers exactly as they were in the previous suite.

Could not have been easier!

gnomie 

No experience with Regent but on a different cruise line we were B2B.  We did not change cabins but knew others who did.  The crew pulled the full drawers from their first cabin and put them in the second cabin.  The empty drawers were moved from the second cabin to the first.  The crew never touched their belongings.