MSC USA website

Annbel1511

I've been following the different topics about website problems and I wasn't to worried but the problems seem to persist.

I'm on the Preziosa 22nd December cruise and would really like to finalise booking excursions and updating my personal info. When I try to log on (the US wensite) I get 2 options :

image.png.e1d0b8a187b2e2cdf6fdda242bf9acf3.png

When I use "with booking number" option I get following screen :

image.png.4adae0465d293bb74fd594a77f3dac24.png

I can see excursions etc but not the  2 excursions I already booked.

When I click on my bookings or use the other option to manage my booking (with your msc account) this is what I see :

image.png.e0331269ce5661e1598d702196658d38.png

Is anyone else also still having this problem?

Thanks for your help

• Like 2

If you are trying to log on to the US website from Belgium you will have problems unless you are using a VPN or otherwise masking your IP address.

ETA: It does look like you are successfully logging in.  I'm having great difficulty getting in to my US bookings also, it's been worse the last week or so.  Perhaps at this time it would be better to call.

Edited by Até

Unfortunately when I try logging in "With your MSC account" it is even worse.  If I'm lucky I can see one of my bookings, and not even the closest sailing one.  Most of the option buttons on the left are either missing or don't work.  I've never tried to do web check in functions through the call center, but I have had them fix problems in that section.  I'm sure you can verify/purchase excursions with them.  Unfortunately it's a crap shoot now as to who you get, some PVC's are great and others are terrible.

5 minutes ago, CruisingMom77 said:

I am unable to change the assigned stateroom when trying to book. I think I will need to call them and do the booking over the phone. What are the experiences with booking over the phone vs. booking online? 

Have you checked if you can select staterooms in a different Experience ? Maybe the assigned stateroom is the only available stateroom in this Experience... or try to book using another computer or tablet. The MSC USA website worked for me today checking prices and choices of cabins.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

Have you checked if you can select staterooms in a different Experience ? Maybe the assigned stateroom is the only available stateroom in this Experience... or try to book using another computer or tablet. The MSC USA website worked for me today checking prices and choices of cabins.

Thank you. It is showing me other available staterooms in the specific experience, but when I try to click on it to select it won't let me. I tried it with Bella and Fantastica as well. Tried interior, balcony etc. the same problem. It is assigning a stateroom, and eventhough it is showing other available stateroom in the given experience/category I cannot select any other cabin. 

1 hour ago, CruisingMom77 said:

I cannot select any other cabin. 

I experienced this with a 2020 Baltic sailing, it would show a selection of balcony cabins online but you could not select any of them, I called and was given a choice from several that didn't even show as available on the web booking pages.  There are many current glitches that can be overcome.

10 hours ago, Até said:

I experienced this with a 2020 Baltic sailing, it would show a selection of balcony cabins online but you could not select any of them, I called and was given a choice from several that didn't even show as available on the web booking pages.  There are many current glitches that can be overcome.

Yes, I tried with April or May 2020. The cabin selection did not work, then I tried a mock booking for February 2020 and it would let me change the cabin selection. I think it is the summer 2020 sailings with the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since 2 days the cabin selection on MSC USA website for March 2020 (Bellissima) is not working... deck plans are not displayed and no selection of cabin can be made. I have tried different browsers (Edge , Explorer, Chrome) and different devices (PC , tablet). MSC UK and MSC Germany websites are working fine. I guess this time the USA website needs some attention from IT. 

1 hour ago, Até said:

I had the same problems, could not select cabins, many in category wouldn't even show up, etc....  I wanted specific cabins that sell out fairly fast and was able to book them easily by calling.

@Até , thank you. I wait until tomorrow and will call most probably to book the cruise.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, Até said:

Unfortunately when I try logging in "With your MSC account" it is even worse.  If I'm lucky I can see one of my bookings, and not even the closest sailing one.  Most of the option buttons on the left are either missing or don't work.  I've never tried to do web check in functions through the call center, but I have had them fix problems in that section.  I'm sure you can verify/purchase excursions with them.  Unfortunately it's a crap shoot now as to who you get, some PVC's are great and others are terrible.

Can you create account in the USA website if not from the US?

I tried to do so but it ask for my resident which is not US/Canada.

Do you just choose it?

I booked a cruise with American TA, didn't realize that you cannot enter to MSC website with your booking number other than the country booked from...

Thanks

I really don't know how that would be handled.  If you claim US/Canada/PR residence on the account creation screen it might have effects on your personal booking information.  MSC websites also read your internet address to determine which country you are in so you might have to mask that or use a VPN.  It may just be easier to deal with the TA, that is what you are paying them for.

Thanks,

I didn't know that...

I am new to MSC and for cruising (had our 1st cruise last year on the Symphony and we all caught up now with it).

I tried to do the status match but with MSC it is frustrating, the US is telling me I must be a US resident, the others tells me that since I didn't book with them, they cannot handle it.

I managed to fill the form a month ago but got no response and don't eveen know which MSC to contact:(

Thanks again

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Até said:

I had the same problems, could not select cabins, many in category wouldn't even show up, etc....  I wanted specific cabins that sell out fairly fast and was able to book them easily by calling.

@Até , the cabin selection on the MSC USA website is still not working for the cruise in March 2020. The website of MSC UK is working fine...  I called MSC USA today to book a YC cabin on deck 16 but was told by the rep that deck 16 and 18 are "shut down" for booking. He can offer cabins on deck 14 and 15. As per yesterday night only 4 cabins on deck 16 and 3 cabins on deck 18 were booked, all other cabins were still available, as per US website. Today nobody can book deck 16 and 18 , decks are not shown on UK website. What is going on ?  Why did they "shut down" the booking of two YC decks ?  Has anybody else experienced an issue with this cruise ?  MSC Grand Voyage, 21 March 2020, from Dubai, MSC Bellissima, Yacht Club. Thank you.