Valor Nov. 26 - just changed to cabin 9200 - Scenic Oceanview

rangerdog

Good morning CC friends!  We leave Monday on the Valor and last night, while surfing the Carnival website, I checked our cruise (which has been sold out) and someone had cancelled a Scenic Oceanview (cabin 9200) so I called Carnival and was able to change cabins and BOOK IT!!!  There are only 2 of these cabins on the entire ship.  Have any of you ever stayed in this cabin, or one similar to it?  From the reviews I've read, it looks amazing! 

I have a few questions:  1st question is, for those that have stayed in this cabin, I know the "deck" out front is not a public deck and is only for crew, but do they notify you when crew will be working on the front of the ship?  I just don't want to be sitting in my pjs and some crew member is staring in my window, lol. 

2nd question is:  I know the windows must be closed at night if we have the cabin lights on, but can we still leave them open if we only have the tv or bathroom light on? 

3rd question is:  I read somewhere that if I'm sitting on the L shaped recliner sofa, the Captains Suite can see me.  From the videos/pics I've seen of the Captains Suite, the balcony is on the opposite end of our cabin and the couches are in front of their windows, so I'm confused as to how they can see in our cabin. 

Thanks for your help in answering my questions.  I'm REALLY EXCITED about this cabin, how HUGE it is (320 sq ft) and we're only steps away from the ice cream 😉

Edited by rangerdog

I've been in 9200 on the Glory, and it was my favorite cabin ever.  We usually book a balcony, and I would trade a balcony any time for one of these. 

The deck out front for us was a public deck, just not very busy.  Only a few people were out there all week.  They can see into your cabin from the there, but I'm not aware that the captain's suite occupants could (this doesn't seem likely to me).  Be aware that it's very windy on the "secret deck"when the ship is underway and that there are no lounge chairs out there.  Still, it's nice to be able to walk out there and see great views and get fresh air. 

I don't think low-light things like the TV would impact the operations from the bridge, but if there is a problem they will let you know. 

By the way, it's a long walk down the lido deck to get to the ice cream, but I don't think you'll mind.  Enjoy!

1524025_10202271882710436_172875465_o.jpg

902966_10202271910991143_1254668505_o.jpg

20131215_160301.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CruzCrazy said:

I've been in 9200 on the Glory, and it was my favorite cabin ever.  We usually book a balcony, and I would trade a balcony any time for one of these. 

The deck out front for us was a public deck, just not very busy.  Only a few people were out there all week.  They can see into your cabin from the there, but I'm not aware that the captain's suite occupants could (this doesn't seem likely to me).  Be aware that it's very windy on the "secret deck"when the ship is underway and that there are no lounge chairs out there.  Still, it's nice to be able to walk out there and see great views and get fresh air. 

Do you mean there is/was a public space in front of your cabin, #9200?

I don't see how that is possible, based on published deck plans and photos.  Do you mean the public deck on 7?

The photos you included show a very small (thin walkway) area directly in front of your windows that look like crew access only.

What you are booked in (9200 on the Valor) is actually a Grand Scenic Ocean View. There are four regular Scenic Ocean Views on that ship. And those rooms are much smaller than what you are now booked in. 

Anyway, congrats!  My husband and I are doing a B2B in a Grand Scenic on the Conquest next Feb/Mar for our 10th wedding anniversary. Can’t wait! I’ve read so many reviews from people that liked this room better than a balcony room. 

• Thanks 1

there is NO deck outside this cabin.     the bridge is located right there.   You can not have your shades opened at night.

We got ready for bed then opened them   (with all the lights off) to watch the night sky)  but to tell you that when that sun comes up its bruttally bright.  

Like posted the walk is long to get to the food-- and that walk gets longer as the week goes on.    

• Thanks 1

I have stayed in it and next to the ones that have both balcony and front window on the edge it is the best room on a cruise ship I have ever had. I also snagged it in the same fashion you did. It was booked for a solid year or at least held in some way, then it became available one day close to the cruise and I snagged it. Our blinds were broken, but a small price to pay for that room. They did give a $50 credit for that. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Thanks 1

That's a neat cabin, I didn't know they had ones like that.  Our first cruise was the valor for our honeymoon with a porthole cabin, I'll have to remember this if we ever sail her again! 

I also had a request, is there anyway you might consider buying and shipping one of the ornaments of the ships (the one that's a model of the ship)? I can send paypal before you leave with something for your trouble, my e-mail is my username at gmail.  We've been collecting them on our cruises since, but we didn't think to get one on our first cruise and I've been watching eBay with no luck for a year or so.  No worries if you're not interested, enjoy your trip!

Right, on the 6K's, they extended the cabin onto what used to be the "secret deck" on lido, thereby increasing the square footage inside.  Sorry about the confusion.  It's been about 5 years since I was on the Glory and have been in the 4J's on Breeze since then, so I was confusing the two.  On the Breeze, you can walk out there. 

Anyway, hands down, these 6K's are my favorite.  Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, serene56 said:

there is NO deck outside this cabin.     the bridge is located right there.   You can not have your shades opened at night.

We got ready for bed then opened them   (with all the lights off) to watch the night sky)  but to tell you that when that sun comes up its bruttally bright.  

Like posted the walk is long to get to the food-- and that walk gets longer as the week goes on.    

Thanks so much for your information 🙂  I knew there was no deck out front and that's another reason why we wanted to try this cabin: for the HUGE windows, HUGE room, forward room looking out the front of the ship without a public deck and the location on the Lido deck 🙂  We're excited!

As for the shades, we want to leave them open while we sleep, to lay in bed and look at the night sky 🙂  However, if the sunrise is "brutally bright", can we just open the shades a little?  Not sure if the shades are either "all the open" or "all the way closed" and it won't let you open/close partially.

As for the walk, after all the eating we'll do, we need to walk anyway, lol.  

Thanks for your info 🙂  

On 11/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, detroitavant said:

That's a neat cabin, I didn't know they had ones like that.  Our first cruise was the valor for our honeymoon with a porthole cabin, I'll have to remember this if we ever sail her again! 

I also had a request, is there anyway you might consider buying and shipping one of the ornaments of the ships (the one that's a model of the ship)? I can send paypal before you leave with something for your trouble, my e-mail is my username at gmail.  We've been collecting them on our cruises since, but we didn't think to get one on our first cruise and I've been watching eBay with no luck for a year or so.  No worries if you're not interested, enjoy your trip!

Good morning, so sorry but I won't be able to get you an ornament.  I don't have those online payment accounts and would have no idea how to do it.  Plus, shipping to you might be an issue as well.  So sorry I couldn't help you 😕  And, thanks, we plan on having a great  trip.  

On 11/21/2018 at 3:50 PM, asalligo said:

I have stayed in it and next to the ones that have both balcony and front window on the edge it is the best room on a cruise ship I have ever had. I also snagged it in the same fashion you did. It was booked for a solid year or at least held in some way, then it became available one day close to the cruise and I snagged it. Our blinds were broken, but a small price to pay for that room. They did give a $50 credit for that. 

So, you were in 9200 on the Valor and the blinds were broken?  When was this?  Did they stay open the whole time?  

On 11/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, rangerdog said:

Good morning CC friends!  We leave Monday on the Valor and last night, while surfing the Carnival website, I checked our cruise (which has been sold out) and someone had cancelled a Scenic Oceanview (cabin 9200) so I called Carnival and was able to change cabins and BOOK IT!!!  There are only 2 of these cabins on the entire ship.  Have any of you ever stayed in this cabin, or one similar to it?  From the reviews I've read, it looks amazing! 

I have a few questions:  1st question is, for those that have stayed in this cabin, I know the "deck" out front is not a public deck and is only for crew, but do they notify you when crew will be working on the front of the ship?  I just don't want to be sitting in my pjs and some crew member is staring in my window, lol. 

2nd question is:  I know the windows must be closed at night if we have the cabin lights on, but can we still leave them open if we only have the tv or bathroom light on? 

3rd question is:  I read somewhere that if I'm sitting on the L shaped recliner sofa, the Captains Suite can see me.  From the videos/pics I've seen of the Captains Suite, the balcony is on the opposite end of our cabin and the couches are in front of their windows, so I'm confused as to how they can see in our cabin. 

Thanks for your help in answering my questions.  I'm REALLY EXCITED about this cabin, how HUGE it is (320 sq ft) and we're only steps away from the ice cream 😉

We booked this exact cabin on the Valor for my daughter and her family as a surprise back in 2015. They LOVED IT. I still can see my two grandchildren sitting on the window ledge with the lights off and the shades raised staring out at the ocean.

I do think they left something telling them about cleaning. I want to say it wasn't very early in the morning.

The shades must be drawn when the cabin light is on as it causes distractions in the bridge.

Don't worry about the Captain's suite unless you like walking around with your dangly bits hanging out.

Edited by Keys2Heaven