Edge Entertainment schedule

Grand PooBah

Sounds like you are used to other cruise lines that have a higher guest count compared to the number of seats in the theater. Celebrity does not offer reservations for their shows. There are usually two of the same performance each night to accomodate early and late diners. I have never seen a schedule of the week's shows prior to boarding.

If you are scheduled to go on a cruise soon, you might do ahead and download the new celebrity app. It has a listing of activities. Now what I do not know is if the activities listed are real or beta testing. If real... some are ... well... unusual. For example... a resident poet.... someone who plays the didgerido and another who plays the sitar. Now these are not in the theater... but popup performances. You should also go to the website to see what they say about entertainment. https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/entertainment/ .   Now the app does show times for events... We are new to Celebrity but have done 4 cruises in the last year and we have never had a problem getting a seat in the theater. We tend  to eat around 6 or so. Sometimes we walk in just after the show starts...

I just looked at the app for the Dec 16 sailing. They have a show at 7 and 9. so you might keep that in mind while scheduling dinner. Now they have not listed the shows, except on day 1 they say "the Headlines". Not sure is this is just a plugged in name but timing is probably right. now I searched "The Headlines" and found a reference to a band with that name performing on the Mercury a year ago. But that seemed more like a pool band. But the website lists some items that are either the titles of shows or production companies developing the entertainment... not sure. But I am sure that it will be high energy, colorful and unique.

I spoke with the Edge activities manager today about the App. She said it isn't finalised. On the "Employee shakedown" cruise departing later today there will be trials to see what does and doesn't work in the various locations.

Peter