ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THIS SPACE IS ON EMERALD PRINCESS DECK 8?

armymom101

If you look at E730 or 731 you will see a curve next to the balcony.  That really is a balcony for those cabins.  I was in E730 on the Crown and the rest of the "blank" space is really the exterior of the ship.  I've been in E732 and the balcony does a partial wrap so you have a nice port view as well as aft.  The deck plans are deceiving.

7 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

If you're talking about the white space down the middle of the ship, that is an AC air handler room.  It has fans and cooler coils that condition the incoming fresh air for the after block of cabins and public spaces.

Thanks for the info. 😁

Tony

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

If you look at E730 or 731 you will see a curve next to the balcony.  That really is a balcony for those cabins.  I was in E730 on the Crown and the rest of the "blank" space is really the exterior of the ship.  I've been in E732 and the balcony does a partial wrap so you have a nice port view as well as aft.  The deck plans are deceiving.

??? OP is liking at aft facing.

18 minutes ago, Milldonkey said:

The area to the outside of 732 and 733 is a stairway used for emergency's and for going to safety drill. The large white area inboard is a crew only area, maybe storage? Have never heard noise from either area. 

No its the blank space between the port/starboard aft facing cabins.

Chengkp75 has got it as usual.    👍

Yes, those air handler rooms are usually 2-3 decks high, and while some ships will have an "overheight" deck as one of the decks that the fan rooms are part of, to accommodate the necessary ductwork for the fresh air supply from the sides of the ship, running over top of the cabins, these ships have utilized the access to the stern of the ship to put their intakes there.  That air handler room provides all the fresh air for all cabins aft of the aft stairwell/elevator lobby and all the AC for the public spaces aft of the aft stairs.

Edited by chengkp75

Great Pictures. john_galt.  Thank you for sharing them.  I am much more comfortable knowing the area is quiet.  I know club Fusion is below, but from what I hear on a 15 day Hawaii cruise in February it should be pretty quiet.  LOL  I guess it is an older crowd of passengers 

The Blank space is I think air handling equipment, on grand class ships.

I know on the Golden aft deck 10 had the same layout, when built.

But some time latter two extra suite were added  in this space with an air vent between them. ( no it is not noisy )

Also there is a portico with a plain door before the main cabin door. so if this is closed you wouldn't know the cabin is there.

It is a nice suite with good depth to the balcony Ie room for lounge and room to walk round it as well as a table with four chairs..

Cheers Don