Bar/bevarage selections.

TT1992

3 hours ago, TT1992 said:

Does anyone have a list of spirits/wine etc and there prices please?

I just got off an NCL ship a couple weeks ago and found that most drinks were around $10 each with the service charge. So plan on about that. I think the prices on the menu ranged from like $6.95 for beer to $10-14 for a decent mixed drink (captain and coke, white russian, chocolate martini, etc.) plus $1-2 for the service charge. 

16 hours ago, DelanaeK said:

I just got off an NCL ship a couple weeks ago and found that most drinks were around $10 each with the service charge. So plan on about that. I think the prices on the menu ranged from like $6.95 for beer to $10-14 for a decent mixed drink (captain and coke, white russian, chocolate martini, etc.) plus $1-2 for the service charge. 

Hope you're right on Chocolate Martini. 2 years ago they were 16.95 so cost me an up Charge.

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Hope you're right on Chocolate Martini. 2 years ago they were 16.95 so cost me an up Charge.

I would not hold your breath since the poster has a total of 10 posts to his/her account and is confused regarding service charge.

11 hours ago, beerman2 said:

That one might have been $15. Not any more than that, though. That was two weeks ago. Also, the ship I was on didn't have an unlimited beverage package so we paid the whole price, meaning I wasn't worried about up charges so I did not realize the exact amount was crucial. It's why I gave a range, since we got a whole lot of different drinks on the ship. That was the most expensive one, but I'm pretty sure it was $15 at most. 

Edited by DelanaeK

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would not hold your breath since the poster has a total of 10 posts to his/her account and is confused regarding service charge.

Confused on the service charge? How so? Did I mix up the terminology? Maybe I meant to say gratuity. This was my first cruise (hence the 10 posts...), so I apologize if I don't have all the terms correct. But yes, please do not quote me. I'm pretty sure that drink was about $15, but I guess there's a chance I'm off on that. Regardless, my point still stands. Most drinks on the ship we were on were $10-14, with a few slightly less or more. 

1 hour ago, DelanaeK said:

Confused on the service charge? How so? Did I mix up the terminology? Maybe I meant to say gratuity. This was my first cruise (hence the 10 posts...), so I apologize if I don't have all the terms correct. But yes, please do not quote me. I'm pretty sure that drink was about $15, but I guess there's a chance I'm off on that. Regardless, my point still stands. Most drinks on the ship we were on were $10-14, with a few slightly less or more. 

Understand what you are saying, but there are some who would be alarmed at Chocolate Martini's being in the 16.95-17.95 range if they  have the Drink Package and expect them to be included.

They will be charged the difference + 20% gratuity extra on the account. Approximately $2.44- $3.54

Pretty sure there would be people complain about that. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You are correct. Chco and Espresso Martinis all exceed $15. But for the couple of extra bucks, it is well worth it. 

And I will definitely enjoy those Chocolate Martini 's on the Bliss in January. It's 1 of my cruise traditions😂😂!

6 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Understand what you are saying, but there are some who would be alarmed at Chocolate Martini's being in the 16.95-17.95 range if they  have the Drink Package and expect them to be included.

They will be charged the difference + 20% gratuity extra on the account. Approximately $2.44- $3.54

Pretty sure there would be people complain about that. 

Yeah, that is a little higher. That's a crazy price though. FYI I just looked at my invoice and I paid $14.34 for my chocolate martini a couple weeks ago. That was on POA. Also I have no experience with drink packages. The OP asked for prices of drinks and I gave a range, but maybe that's not helpful if pricing is different on different ships! 

On 11/21/2018 at 12:23 AM, DelanaeK said:

8 hours ago, DelanaeK said:

Your original post as you can see above starts out by saying that "most drinks were around $10 each with the service charge." This implies that drinks were about 8.25, plus the 20% gratuity to bring it up to 10.00.  Your last line then gives a 10-14 range, plus 1-2, which I have to assume is the  additional mandatory 20% gratuity.

I will agree with you that many of the drinks are in the 10-14 range, with beers being cheaper and higher end alcohols and martinis being most expensive.  You were on the POA, which must have a different price structure than the Caribbean ships since you paid 11.95 + 20% gratuity for the 14.34 for your Chocolate martini.  That drink is at least 5.00 more on the Caribbean ships.

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your original post as you can see above starts out by saying that "most drinks were around $10 each with the service charge." This implies that drinks were about 8.25, plus the 20% gratuity to bring it up to 10.00.  Your last line then gives a 10-14 range, plus 1-2, which I have to assume is the  additional mandatory 20% gratuity.

I will agree with you that many of the drinks are in the 10-14 range, with beers being cheaper and higher end alcohols and martinis being most expensive.  You were on the POA, which must have a different price structure than the Caribbean ships since you paid 11.95 + 20% gratuity for the 14.34 for your Chocolate martini.  That drink is at least 5.00 more on the Caribbean ships.

Yikes. I wonder why it's so much more. Even at the price I paid, it was the most expensive drink we got, though I think vodka red bull was pricey, too. Once we realized that, we stuck to the cheaper wine and basic cocktails, like well rum and coke, lol. We noticed that pretty much every time we got 2 glasses of wine with dinner, the total was $21-25, including the gratuity. So pretty much every trip to the bar was at least $10 per drink. Next cruise we take will hopefully have a decent priced alcohol package! 

3 hours ago, DelanaeK said:

Next cruise we take will hopefully have a decent priced alcohol package! 

If you pay for the upcharge over the sailaway rate for the included perk on NCL, you'll only pay the 20.00 per day for the gratuity on their overpriced 99.00 drinks package.  The upcharge of course varies determined by the type of cabin you're in.  As low as about 200.00 pp for inside up to 400.00 pp or more for balcony.  Celebrity also bundles their drinks package as a perk.  Carnival and Royal charge for their drinks package separately.  MSC has a new three tiered drinks package.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, TT1992 said:

Does anyone have a list of spirits/wine etc and there prices please?

What I am actually looking for is the list which has liquor in categories, eg. well, premium, super/ultra premium. And a wine by the glass price list.

I've seen these before, just can't find it now.

Thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

New to NCL  if you have beverage package as as perk, what does that include and is gratuity included when you order a drink, whether it be a coke or a beer? Thanks 

The gratuity is paid upfront as part of your initial bill along with cruise fare and taxes.  It will be just under 20.00 per day based on a 20% gratuity on the overinflated 99.00 per day charge for the drinks package if you pay for it yourself.  The package includes beer, wine, mixed drinks, fountain Pepsi products and what they call Buena Vista style Irish Coffee.  Bottled water and espresso based coffee drinks are not included.  The maximum drink cost covered under the package is 15.00.  If you choose a drink that is 17.95, like a chocolate martini, you pay the 2.95 difference plus 20% on the 2.95 for an additional gratuity.