A great story about RCCL Customer Service

RickinStl

My wife and I booked Harmony for September 8th 2019 back in May of this year.. Fortunately I worked a ton of overtime over the summer so I had this cruise paid off in in August..  

It was then we decided to book the second leg leaving on September 15th 2019..  I spoke with a customer service rep about how a back to back works.. I was on the phone with the CSR for 45 minutes talking to him like we were old friends..  Unfortunately we couldn't get the same cabin as it was already booked so we settled for the cabin two doors down. 

Fast forward to this past Monday.. I did a dummy booking for September 15th and found out that our original cabin became available for the second leg.. I immediately called customer service to inquire about the same cabin.. The woman I spoke with couldn't have been nicer.  She asked for both reservation numbers and changed the cabin on the second booking (at no charge) so that we could stay in the same cabin for the duration of our stay..  She was so pleasant to talk to and wished us the best on our upcoming voyage.  I wish I could remember both their names but it escapes me.. 

Now the next 10.5 months needs to fly by lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We never had a problem with rccl on phone, two years ago we did Europe on brilliance and even though we booked 18 months before could not get aft grand suite, kept checking and someone must of canceled there booking about 6 months before and was able to get the one aft corner suite 😁

• Like 1

We have done many B2B and have always tried for the same cabin.When we couldn't get they would put our name down for that cabin if it becomes available they would give it to us,right now we will be doing ab2b2b in jan/feb and hoping to get the same cabin the third week

Yeah, I know some people will disagree and being from a service industry sometimes I get why they have an issue, but we have sailed on 18 times with RCCL and have always had great service when we contacted them. Not that we did not have an issue or two from time to time, welcome to life, but when we discussed it with them they always made it right. Regardless of what many people on these boards seem to think, its not in their best interest to make a customer mad, but there are limits to what can be done or what some people expect when something goes wrong. Our experiences are why we continue to sail with RCCL, if it was not I would vote with my business and go elsewhere. 

• Like 1