Black Friday Sale

Heartfelttraveler

T  & C's  at the bottom of the page

*Offer expires 11/27/18. Ask for Black Friday promotion. Fares are per person in U.S. dollars, valid for residents of United States and Canada, based on double occupancy (unless otherwise noted), for new bookings only and may be withdrawn at any time. Category upgrade is based on availability and is capacity controlled. Number of categories upgraded varies based on cruise and category booked.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/black-friday-sale/

26 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Can anyone explain this sale?  Anyone book using the sale?

I cannot find the terms and conditions.

When I emailed my Oceania guy he just sent me the link on Oceania’s web site.

(I emailed after hours)

Hi again Heartfelttraveler,

We asked our TA, based upon something written here.

He was able to get us savings that I just couldn't find elsewhere, including on a document posted online.  I think there was a link on this board, but don't remember where.

So you might try a TA who knows how to work with Oceania.

We were very pleased with the "sale" rate.

GC

• 3 weeks later...

Had an interesting discussion with the Oceania rep on board Riviera a few days ago.  It was our first attempt to find out more about just what advantages there were if we 'booked on board' or purchased a cruise credit.

He was starting to compare prices, including what we had already booked, and he suddenly paused and said something like, ... of course, that's if you didn't get the Black Friday sale.  That's the best you'd ever do...

[not a direct quote]

He continued that those are only for a few cruises, and I mentioned that for once, a "special promo" (anywhere!) happened to include something we wanted.

Can anyone confirm from experience that Black Friday sales, IF they include a cruise one wants, are indeed the lowest possible price?

GC

No one can confirm that. My TA , as well as some other high volume OCC TAs, sometimes get marching orders along with special prices to fill a cruise. Those are unpublished fares and don’t count in even the “ best price guarantee for onboard booking “ . 

One’s cruise may book up early and such prices aren’t employed. Others, they are. No one can guarantee you a thing! 

Book the cruise at a price price you are satisfied with and forget about some guarantee of absolute lowest price!

Just like the Airlines , don’t try to outguess the Revenue Department!

• Like 1