Pop/Bottled water

sunlite2u

14 minutes ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

No they cannot.  You have the choice to not buy bottled water.  I have never sen anyone forced to buy the water.  If you chosoe to only drink bottled water then you are choosing to buy the water on the ship.

Poster asked if they would force her to pay their prices for water and the answer is yes, if she had to purchase water on the ship.  Of course, it would be her decision, but she said she needed it for the baby.

15 hours ago, Kulpkruising said:

I needed water for my sleep machine.  I called NCL a couple weeks prior to the cruise and a gallon of distilled water was in my stateroom when I arrived.  

And what was the price that NCL charged you for the gallon for your CPAP?

11 hours ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

No they cannot.  You have the choice to not buy bottled water.  I have never sen anyone forced to buy the water.  If you chosoe to only drink bottled water then you are choosing to buy the water on the ship.

I am not going to argue with you anymore over this. I will call NCL and ask about my situation. If they don't let me bring on water for the baby's formula, then I will have a problem, but I am sure they will allow it, so all is good. I will post back on here and let you all know what they say 🙂 BTW the water is not for me to drink, I have explained the situation clearly enjoy 🙂

24 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

I am not going to argue with you anymore over this. I will call NCL and ask about my situation. If they don't let me bring on water for the baby's formula, then I will have a problem, but I am sure they will allow it, so all is good. I will post back on here and let you all know what they say 🙂 BTW the water is not for me to drink, I have explained the situation clearly enjoy 🙂

Your normal front line PCC or TA does not have the authority to approve your request..... they may be very helpful and make promises that aren't valid at the dock, etc. 

Post #15 clearly explains what to do (direct copy / paste from NCL FAQ section) to protect your requirements. Showing up with "proof" having the infant is not approval. 

Edited by esm54687

12 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

Poster asked if they would force her to pay their prices for water and the answer is yes, if she decides to purchase water on the ship.  Of course, it would be her decision, but she said she needed it for the baby.

It all is going way over you head dear.  No one HAS TO purchase water.  If she chooses to do so then she like anyone else will pay the price at which NCL sells water.  Just like choosing to buy anything else NCL sells on board.  If you read the entire post I gave her all of the necessary info to request water for her infant pointing it that there was no need to get all excited and bent out of shape over the issue. BTW I fixed your post in my quote.

1 hour ago, cathi007 said:

Again no one is arguing  (other than perhaps you).  The policy is clear as is how to get an exception/waiver.  No one is being persecuted/discriminated against/abused/etc.  Enjoy your cruise but please try to focus on having a good time rather than spending so much time fretting over and worrying about something that may or may not (and almost 100% won't) even happen.  Hope the quote I posted is helpful.

11 hours ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

Again no one is arguing  (other than perhaps you).  The policy is clear as is how to get an exception/waiver.  No one is being persecuted/discriminated against/abused/etc.  Enjoy your cruise but please try to focus on having a good time rather than spending so much time fretting over and worrying about something that may or may not (and almost 100% won't) even happen.  Hope the quote I posted is helpful.

No you are the one who is arguing, lol. All you seem to want to do is fight with people over this issue. I NEVER asked you a question!!!

Just to give an update. Thanks NHL Arizona, I called NCL and they connected me to the access desk. The lady who answered the phone at the access desk was wonderful. She said it would be no problem for us to bring on bottled water for the baby's formula. Now that they know (gave res #), when we check the water in it will not be a problem. 🙂 Happy sailing all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Just to give an update. Thanks NHL Arizona, I called NCL and they connected me to the access desk. The lady who answered the phone at the access desk was wonderful. She said it would be no problem for us to bring on bottled water for the baby's formula. Now that they know (gave res #), when we check the water in it will not be a problem. 🙂 Happy sailing all

Just out of curiosity..... are you limited to the size and quantity you can bring?   and did they send you a confirmation email? Thanks for the update

No you are the one who is arguing, lol. All you seem to want to do is fight with people over this issue. I NEVER asked you a question!!!

LOL, I don't fight at all.  I gave you the info you needed to address the issue that you posted about in a public forum.  When you post in a public forum you are asking for input form anyone and everyone.  A polite person would have simply said 'thank you' to someone who gave them the info they needed to resolve the issue at hand.  BTW you are very welcome.  Have a great cruise!

So the info I gave you was 100% helpful! 🙂 You are welcome...

2 hours ago, cathi007 said:

So,,,, there is no connection between your reservation and the port personnel running X-ray machines and tagging your bags for the naughty room. Yeah,,,, after waiting in the long line of others with contraband on the first night of your cruise, you'll be able to get your bags from security. but it is unclear how the "advice" giving to you by the access desk will clear your checked water. 

I have to agree with BirdTravels.  There is a very long chain of command, a lot of time and miiles between the access person and the actually security people that will be checking in your bags on the day of the cruise.  I would spend the few dollars and bring the water.  If they won't let it on, you are only out a few bucks.