Internet on Bliss - experiences

Lupush

Was just wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience with the internet on the Bliss.  Are there two speed options like on other ships?  If so will the higher speed option work for streaming music and movies?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll let you know in exactly 2 days... I'm doing a Live Review of the Bliss... I have purchased their Unlimited Premium WiFi Package for the low low price of only $206.50 --- ***Fingers crossed that it works well... I don't have any plans to "stream" anything, but I can give you a good idea of it's connectivity speed.

We purchased the unlimited premium Alaska sailing.  It was slow to unusable on sea days. Basic websites would not load/timeout.  Outside high use times it worked fine.  Our last few Jade sailings the internet speeds were much faster than bliss premium unlimited and that was pre new price structure. Those were Europe sailings though and so likely not as many people using the system - made for faster speed?  

We had the unlimited last week. It was mostly ok. At night our daughter was able to stream video (netflix), but it would stall every now and then. I had no problem with email, Social media, ect. My wife did have issues on her apple devices with loading large email for some reason. 

That said we did have a few short outages where it did not work, speed was not amazing... but video did mostly stream, and pandora worked fine. 

8 hours ago, Lupush said:

Was just wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience with the internet on the Bliss.  Are there two speed options like on other ships?  If so will the higher speed option work for streaming music and movies? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

So, I am not sure that the streaming package is "faster". I think that it is more that they unblock the streaming ports.

The wifi on the Bliss is o.k. No better or worse than any other ship. We easily uploaded dozens of photos for our live post.