How is the internet service?

dcgrumpy

It depends what you want it for. If you want it just so you can have a charge on your sail and sign, its totally worth it!  Otherwise, it is astonishingly bad.  The PP who said like old dial up is exaggerating its speed.  At least on the older ships I have been on (Miracle and Liberty).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nevada Jen said:

It depends what you want it for. If you want it just so you can have a charge on your sail and sign, its totally worth it!  Otherwise, it is astonishingly bad.  The PP who said like old dial up is exaggerating its speed.  At least on the older ships I have been on (Miracle and Liberty).

:classic_laugh:

Thanks everyone. It looks like I'll be skipping internet.

I'll be on Magic if that makes any difference.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Your best bet is to pass my grandson couldn't live 5 days with out it so it cost me a pile to pay for it he said it was terrible and a waste of my money..I told him..they are out of school and working now I paid their down payment but grand daddy cracker ain't paying for nothing else.

Our family just took a cruise over Thanksgiving on the Valor.  The internet service was honestly, the only complaint I had in the survey following the cruise.    I purchased the value plan so I could check on emails and our airline as there was a blizzard at home and I was afraid our flights would get changed or cancelled.  I could not connect on my tablet or phone.  Tried the Carnival computers as well and finally paid the extra $20 to upgrade my plan and it wasn't any better.  I don't recall ever such poor internet service on previous cruises.

The Hub chat app was wonderful, although 2 in our group did not always get their text messages.  I highly recommend if you are travelling with a large group, especially if there are teenagers.

I was on the Magic this last July and the internet was awful. It was the worst I've ever seen it. I had the premium package also. I complained to guest services and they refunded me my money but they allowed me to keep service. So you can order it to test it out. If you dont like it then you can request a refund. No gaurantee they will allow you to keep the service though.

As others have stated, the wifi is extremely slow. We prefer to save our online time for the ports. Any Burger King, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc has free wifi. We'll normally purchase a coffee and use the service. There are many other places though, here is a site that lists where to find most free wifi. When you click on it the 50 states are first, scroll down for Europe, the Caribbean, etc. It was great when we cruised to Australia to find a free area 2 blocks from our hotel!

FREE WIFI SPOTS