Crown Princess REVIEW: 11-17-18 Southern Caribbean

CruisingWalter

On 12/23/2018 at 6:42 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Great review!

No comedian onboard? Or did I miss that?

We just disembarked the Crown this morning and the comedian was Steve Moris with a 'new' (and it was to us; its been a couple of years since we'd seen him perform) show that was laugh until your stomach hurt funny, had good music as always and also included his shadow puppets.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We just disembarked the Crown this morning and the comedian was Steve Moris with a 'new' (and it was to us; its been a couple of years since we'd seen him perform) show that was laugh until your stomach hurt funny, had good music as always and also included his shadow puppets.

Thanks......

Glad he has new material. We have enjoyed him in the past.

Hmmm...we were on the same cruise as the OP and had a totally different experience.  Maybe I let things slide too much.  Maybe I just don't pay attention to details.  Maybe I just love being on a ship, sitting on a balcony watching the water go by.  Just maybe......

Just curious, did your poor cocktail impression include Crooners? I've sailed the Crown four times, and Crooners is my go-to bar. The bartenders have always been great, and made whatever I wanted, to a consistent high level of quality. Crooners usually has two senior bartenders, with a third steward sometimes helping out behind the bar when things get busy.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2018 at 1:41 PM, capriccio said:

We seen him a number of times & although they advertise his show as "new" I somehow doubt it.

Most of the comedians don't change their routines,  ever.

We shall see. 

40 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

We seen him a number of times & although they advertise his show as "new" I somehow doubt it.

Most of the comedians don't change their routines,  ever.

We shall see. 

So you doubt what I observed?  As I noted, we have seen him on a number of cruises but just not in the last two years so it was new to us but I don't know if he has been performing it for one month, one year or two years.

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

OP, what time did you board your ship; and was the line long at check in?  I assume you arrived fairly early; since you mentioned booking the Santuary.

Not the OP but I can give you our experience on the Christmas cruise:  we arrived at the terminal at 10:50, handed off our luggage, walked through security with only a very minimal line, had no line at the check-in counter (we are elite but I noticed that the other line was short and moving quickly) and were in the elite lounge about 11.  A staffer was making an announcement that we would be boarding shortly and we were on board by 11:10 and headed to the Sanctuary since we wanted to reserve lounges for the entire cruise.

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

So you doubt what I observed?  As I noted, we have seen him on a number of cruises but just not in the last two years so it was new to us but I don't know if he has been performing it for one month, one year or two years.

I don't doubt that it's advertised as new, but if you cruise as much as we do there's nothing new although I'm always hoping for something.....anything.