Secrets of the Edge

vtcruising

Hope others will add to this.  Could not find the sea urchins(? ) that were along the EDEN ramp...they were very interesting..

. .And keep the original EDGE art thread in mind..Many  nice  pics there too...

image-1.jpg

24CD9EC5-0D45-472E-9AD4-A29D0AB0DE7F.thumb.jpeg.ed8982f8a1bd83ca0f561484aa495b58.jpeg.jpg

DSC07288.JPG

2 hours ago, Oville said:

This cruise l noticed the 3D ripple effect on the carpet in Eden, cool.

Yes... it was like op art!

Dh loved the  games  and puzzles in EDEN..but not so much the tiny chairs!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, I'd forgotten all about that! Cool, but threw me off a couple of times.  🙂

How's it going onboard?

image.thumb.png.4216ec46f7c6d230195f66c0b9e69038.png

Thanks for posting the picture!

The cruise was been great.  As you may recall we were on the fence back in January about keeping this cruise because of all the negativity abut the IVs but in the end decided to give it a go.  We can’t be any more pleased.  

One difference we noticed from our earlier sailing is not staying in a suite has us out and about more on this cruise.  We’ve really enjoyed the entertainers.  Of course, how can a cruise be anything other than a lot of fun when the Captain is one of the K brothers.  My ribs still hurt after laughing so much at the Liar Club last night.

Silkwoods, sorry to say the pungent odor is in Eden. We went to watch the 10:00 show Thursday and it was strong on decks 5 and 6.  I did ask some dinners if was bothering them on 4 and the answer was no.  

K

Edited by Oville

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They didn't when I was onboard. I'll ask my friend, who is onboard now, and see if she has seen it in the Edge shop. We received a gift when on one cruise, which was a collection of prints related to Edge art. Here are some of the individual prints:

Very helpful.  Thank you.

6 hours ago, hcat said:

The  Celebrity EDGE Art Book is published by Peter  Millard and Partners Ltd. Designed by SWD London. Copyright Proteced.

It is a 10 inch by 10 inch book with a black hard paper/cardboard cover front and back.  There are about 70 pages.

Preface highlights  items from the 4,000 piece Collection and where certain art can be found on the ship.  This is followed by 68 glossy  pages of actual artwork..1 per page, color and b&w.   Next is a catalogue of each of the 68 pieces,  name, author  and other facts about the work. Many are the same as those in the print packet, same publisher,  I did not go page by page..

VT.. if you did  not get  the book..if Katie is on board, maybe she can get one, not sure when/ if  you will  return to EDGE???  We do not return til NOV.....but if they have them I will get one for you...

Thanks, hcat!!  Once I knew what to look for, I was able to find an online version of the Celebrity EDGE Art Book.  (See attached.)  It's really interesting. And now I know where to go to find all of art listed in the book.  Enjoy!

1548437063_EDGE-ARTBOOK-FINAL.pdf

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, hcat said:

The  Celebrity EDGE Art Book is published by Peter  Millard and Partners Ltd. Designed by SWD London. Copyright Proteced.

It is a 10 inch by 10 inch book with a black hard paper/cardboard cover front and back.  There are about 70 pages.

Preface highlights  items from the 4,000 piece Collection and where certain art can be found on the ship.  This is followed by 68 glossy  pages of actual artwork..1 per page, color and b&w.   Next is a catalogue of each of the 68 pieces,  name, author  and other facts about the work. Many are the same as those in the print packet, same publisher,  I did not go page by page..

VT.. if you did  not get  the book..if Katie is on board, maybe she can get one, not sure when/ if  you will  return to EDGE???  We do not return til NOV.....but if they have them I will get one for you...

Hcat, I think we had that book in our cabin in January but not sure.  We do not have one in our AQ cabin nor did we get the Art cards as we did in January.  What we did get was the Nate Berkus tote.

Edited by Oville

2 hours ago, Oville said:

The cruise was been great.  As you may recall we were on the fence back in January about keeping this cruise because of all the negativity abut the IVs but in the end decided to give it a go.  We can’t be any more pleased.  

One difference we noticed from our earlier sailing is not staying in a suite has us out and about more on this cruise.  We’ve really enjoyed the entertainers.  Of course, how can a cruise be anything other than a lot of fun when the Captain is one of the K brothers.  My ribs still hurt after laughing so much at the Liar Club last night.

Glad you are enjoying the cruise and the IV.  How are you finding the MDR food?

1 hour ago, Worldtvlr said:

Thank you so much..I was wondering how I would be able to take the book back to Fla with me having already flown with it to NY.

Now I will have it on my tablet ....for reference. Dh gets a bit cranky with all my booklets, etc. 

This was really  a great find! I am hoping to organize a small "Edgel Art Crawl" and lunch for anyone on my roll call who may want to join in abd this will be such a big help.

On other X ships they had nice booklets as well and on QM 2 they had an audio tour you could borrow from GR ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Hcat, I think we had that book in our cabin in January but not sure.  We do not have one in our AQ cabin nor did we get the Art cards as we did in January.  What we did get was the Nate Berkus tote.

We  have the Berkus tote.....it's very nice,  but my fav tote is the one Vt made and left for me as a birthday gift..That will be my EDGE tote forever!

Sorry your cruise is ending..always goes too quickly! Glad you enjoyed it! 

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

We  have the Berkus tote.....it's very nice,  but my fav tote is the one Vt made and left for me as a birthday gift..That will be my EDGE tote forever!

Wow! I'm honored that you think that tote is better than the Berkus! 🙂

6 minutes ago, Worldtvlr said:

I have to see this tote. 😊. Can you post a pic?

I'm not sure I have a picture, but hcat may have one. It's not a work of art, but it's the thought that counts! 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

We are sorry too, but leave we must.

I heard rumors about your birthday tote, Marilyn is truly a sweetheart. Glad it is your forever tote.

Edited by Oville

13 hours ago, Worldtvlr said:

I have to see this tote. 😊. Can you post a pic?

I think the tote is still in Fla but will come home in June or Sept with our cruise carry ons.  Will post a pic then.....unless I discover it  at home....NY. 

Thanks to VT and folks on my rolll call who delivered it, I received a wonderful goody bag of EDGIE stuff and  real vermont syrup..plus a beautiful card for my big b day.It was a great surprise.

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I like the picture of Mr EDge behind the scenes.  

He is a rock star!  On the Infinity cruise that I was just on I spoke to some of the staff about the Edge. They knew little about the ship, except from X marketing materials they had seen and communications from their buddies on the Edge about how hard the work is due to her being a new ship.  I showed them some of my pictures and they were very impressed with Mr Edge!

The tote!

So cool and how thoughtful ... and my EDGE tote was not lost in a sea of Berkus totes! 

The shops on board were so expensive, my only purchased " souvenier " was the necklace  with the "prism motif"  just  like the prism bar.  Of course dh supplied the  big b day sparkler...love that too!

Hope they now stock postcards and so me EDGE  shirts under  $90 .  Otherwise I'll get the keychain! 

• Haha 1