New Perk Added to an Existing Reservation

LorraineP

Booked Seaside in YC in October & noticed they have added free WiFi as a perk, has anyone had this successfully added to their existing reservation. My TA called & was told no, she would have to cancel & rebook, rate has gone up about $90 & I would also lose $100 OBC which was given to me for booking within 2 weeks of my return home from my 10/6/18 cruise. 

I'm pretty sure MSC policy is as your TA was told - if you are changing promotions you have to cancel and re-book under the new terms, assuming you are outside final payment.  The only things I know you can keep the original booking are for cabin upgrades - at original booking prices, and discounts like if the sailing becomes a Voyagers Selection.  Otherwise people would just be stacking promotion on promotion as they change or add new ones.

Edited by Até

12 hours ago, Até said:

I'm pretty sure MSC policy is as your TA was told - if you are changing promotions you have to cancel and re-book under the new terms, assuming you are outside final payment.  The only things I know you can keep the original booking are for cabin upgrades - at original booking prices, and discounts like if the sailing becomes a Voyagers Selection.  Otherwise people would just be stacking promotion on promotion as they change or add new ones.

Thank you. 

We rebooked a cruise last Jan. because of a free perk and they changed our room. We also had free wi-fi(supposedly) and was never able to access it. Numerous trips to GS and their answer was "it must be your i-pad". There were many complaints about their wi-fi!

2 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

We rebooked a cruise last Jan. because of a free perk and they changed our room. We also had free wi-fi(supposedly) and was never able to access it. Numerous trips to GS and their answer was "it must be your i-pad". There were many complaints about their wi-fi!

We had free WiFi in October in the YC & never had a problem on my iPad.