Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
RushFan

NCL Bliss Haven Dec 8-15

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aprille said:

 

Is that Lanie in the lower right-hand corner of the 2nd picture? She was our butler in late Sep. She was AWESOME! I recognize the bartender with the glasses. Forget his name.


Who is the concierge and assistant? We had Elena as our assistant concierge and she was magnificent. She was going home when we got off so not sure if she's back yet.

 

I'm really enjoying your live review and pictures. It takes me back and makes me want to be there again. And the food pictures make me hungry. LOL!

Yes Lanie is our Butler.  She is awesome... We have Jose as assistant with her.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Raced again at night.  More fun and was less crowded.  Switching our other reservations to night.  Still had lap traffic to deal with but was able to weave through them tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RushFan said:

Wait!  I paid extra to walk in a freezer!!!  Dang!!!  It is certainly a freezer with a sprayer that creates snow.  What I find refreshing is the sauna then right to the “freezer” , quite refreshing.   I should have caught on when I saw that they were storing the boxes of lobster in there too..🥶

 

Just playin'!!  We loved the Thermal Suite. Maybe the "snow room" not so much.  Loving your review!!!!  

 

Sigh... Los Lobos! I miss it so much.  My absolute fave on the Bliss. 

Edited by CincyJen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for such a great review!  Love all of the details and photos.

 

Also, thanks for posting the Haven snack menu.  That is a menu that I have never seen posted before.

 

Quick question:  Is the snack menu available only during lunch hours or throughout the afternoon?  I would love to have onion rings to go with my pina colada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RushFan said:

Yes Lanie is our Butler.  She is awesome... We have Jose as assistant with her.   

 

Isn't she the best? Please tell her Aprille, Mary (my mom) and Marty (my hubby) say hi. And we miss the pampering and afternoon snacks. LOL!

 

19 minutes ago, CincyJen said:

Sigh... Los Lobos! I miss it so much.  My absolute fave on the Bliss. 

 

We loved Los Lobos too. Being from Texas we can get really good Mexican food here and we were pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Aprille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RushFan said:

Yes Lanie is our Butler.  She is awesome... We have Jose as assistant with her.   

We had Lanie back in 2010 on Epic.  She was incredible.  She would put desserts in our fridge and we never asked for them.  She was so good and funny too.  You definitely got lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rwf1 said:

Thanks for such a great review!  Love all of the details and photos.

 

Also, thanks for posting the Haven snack menu.  That is a menu that I have never seen posted before.

 

Quick question:  Is the snack menu available only during lunch hours or throughout the afternoon?  I would love to have onion rings to go with my pina colada.

Snack menu is all afternoon. My kids got rings and a burger as a pre-appetizer-before-dinner... (Narrator: They always use the “kids” ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RushFan said:

Ok Raced again at night.  More fun and was less crowded.  Switching our other reservations to night.  Still had lap traffic to deal with but was able to weave through them tonight.

How are they enforcing the no drinking/alcohol policy on the go carts or are they?

Thanks for all the great information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtns2sea said:

How are they enforcing the no drinking/alcohol policy on the go carts or are they?

Thanks for all the great information.

Not really sure to be honest.  It is hard to find the entrance (back of Margaritaville) so I expect the real drunks would just never find it.   I think it’s a judgement call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RushFan said:

Snack menu is all afternoon. My kids got rings and a burger as a pre-appetizer-before-dinner... (Narrator: They always use the “kids” ...)

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Love that there is food available all afternoon.  Clearly, my "kids" will also need to have a pre-dinner appetizer from the snack menu.  Looking forward to more posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixx bar and some restaurant menus.  It was not me that ate part of the do t touch sign.  Coco’s has a chocolate fountain and pretty extravagant milkshakes..

B164E25C-A823-487B-9821-98E83A67D5A3.jpeg

96EC8C8F-F5EC-453E-BBA0-FA4405770FB0.jpeg

25A41383-3953-4014-A19D-5423FBA0546F.jpeg

8F80B276-CDF7-437F-AB6B-359154A164C0.jpeg

84E4FFC3-E1E8-4C7F-9B4B-CE020C6ED5F5.jpeg

EB96CEB5-EDD1-449C-A51E-B6F64A7A0B49.jpeg

C3F55248-22A3-40A7-9730-F6F8FAC815DB.jpeg

0FB48B2E-4E2F-4ADD-8177-1E2029EE601F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really enjoying your posts and your great pictures.  You are posting lots of useful information.  My wife and I are in the Bliss Haven at the end of January.  I hope we get Lanie too!   Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I am looking forward to your upcoming posts!

 

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtns2sea said:

Thanks again for all the info. Are you able to hole punch your sea pass card to use a lanyard?

They recommend not to.  The whole ship is RFID.  We just had Lanie find us some plastic sleeves.  You never have to take your card out of the sleeves now.

7F59CF60-4045-448C-A0BE-A3C1332B4E16.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SAmome said:

Is the drop slide open this cruise?

The drop slide is closed.  No idea when they will reopen. Guess someone got hurt on a previous cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RushFan said:

They recommend not to.  The whole ship is RFID.  We just had Lanie find us some plastic sleeves.  You never have to take your card out of the sleeves now.

7F59CF60-4045-448C-A0BE-A3C1332B4E16.jpeg

Lets go Dbacks!

So disappointed Goldy is gone but that's life.

 

Love your report!!!

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RushFan said:

They recommend not to.  The whole ship is RFID.  We just had Lanie find us some plastic sleeves.  You never have to take your card out of the sleeves now.

7F59CF60-4045-448C-A0BE-A3C1332B4E16.jpeg

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...