How often do they add new excursions?

IPlayWithString

I'm trying to plan what excursions we're going to do (which we always do through Carnival. I know the reasons for and against this. We're not going through an independent contractor, so don't even suggest it, please.) for our Spring Break cruise. Right now, nothing is really jumping out at me and the one thing that kinda does (Rafting in Mo' Bay) has me on the fence because while I can see my son (will be almost 15 when we go, autistic, lots of sensory issues but generally is OK with helmets, life vests and loves the water) being comfortable with going on this kind of trip, I can also see him as being the ONE person who falls out of the raft. 😕 Because he's pretty light (weighs just over 100 lbs) and doesn't have the greatest coordination and balance. We've done Dunn's River Falls and the Jamaican Bobsled a couple of times and he said after the last time (which, to be fair, it was pretty overcast and chilly the day we went despite it being in the summer time) he didn't want to do that again.

When DH and I try to plan excursions, we pick two or three we think would work for all of us and then present my son with the options so he can look up videos on Youtube, do research, etc and decide which one he'd like to do the best.

I am going to guess that, given you're only about 3 months away from embarkation, that it's unlikely any new excursions will be added at this point. Please don't stop checking just on my comment but don't be surprised if nothing new comes available.

• Thank you. Spring Break for us is the second week of March and we're going on the Vista (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! SQUEEE!) and I'm just trying to get on top of things NOW, yanno?

If they don't add anything new by late Jan or mid. Feb at the latest..we'll probably decide then. But I'm kinda hoping they add something new/different before then. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, IPlayWithString said:
  • Thank you. Spring Break for us is the second week of March and we're going on the Vista (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! SQUEEE!) and I'm just trying to get on top of things NOW, yanno?

If they don't add anything new by late Jan or mid. Feb at the latest..we'll probably decide then. But I'm kinda hoping they add something new/different before then. 🙂

You're welcome and good luck - I hope you find something more appropriate for your family. I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IPlayWithString said:

😕When DH and I try to plan excursions, we pick two or three we think would work for all of us and then present my son with the options so he can look up videos on Youtube, do research, etc and decide which one he'd like to do the best.

Sounds like you have a good plan ... letting him pick.

When we were still cruising with our children we made a big effort to take shore excursions they would enjoy!

• Like 1

Carnival has contracts with various excursion vendors at each port of call. Whether these contracts are renewed will depend on passenger reviews and sales, so yes some excursions will be dropped and some new ones can show up. Just keep checking from time to time. :classic_cool:

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Sounds like you have a good plan ... letting him pick.

When we were still cruising with our children we made a big effort to take shore excursions they would enjoy!

Yeah...we've learned over the years that it's just best to pick something and let him tell US what he is personally comfortable with.

And sometimes, even when we do exactly what he wants...it still ends up going a bit sideways. Eh. Life happens, right? Can't control everything (even if he wants to anyway because chaos=anxiety=not fun times for ANYBODY).

Just saying for what it means ... we did make every effort to do things our children would enjoy when they were cruising with us.  Happy children = Happy Parents.

Now that they are no longer cruising with us and we can do what we wish ... just so glad we did this when they were -- many fond family cruise memories!  :classic_smile: