Is Pirates Cove still in business??

Wombat16

Anyone know if Pirates Cove is still in business?  They not responding to emails. Looks like website has changed ... maybe new owners?

If they are out of business, anyone have a suggested alternative?  Beach with snorkeling tour.   Boatyard, maybe?

Dave B

Welcome to the boards! :classic_cool:

Boatyard is nearby and offers snorkel tour, water toys, good facilities, etc.

Farther down the coast you'll find Harbor Lights & Lobster Alive - both rent chairs/umbrellas, offer good food and drinks, but do not have any of the water toys, etc.  You should be able to arrange for a snorkel tour through them or a beach vendor.

Apparently, something happened with Pirates Cove in early October.  I found out when the package I had booked was moved from Pirates Cove to Copacabana. All I got from them was it was "sudden" without any details as to the issues. When you look it up on TA, there are very recent reviews, suggesting it is still in business.

Based on the fact that the website changed from pirtatescovebarbados.com to piratescove.jollyrodgerbarbados.org and that jollyrodgerbarbados.org is the website for a party boat (snorkeling, drinks, rope swing, etc) - my working assumption is that the company that runs the boat bought out the beach club. The package I booked, which was beach and snorkel tour moved - this supports  my assumption because said new company is a direct competitor with other boats that do snorkeling. 

I'll be there next week (at Copacabana).  If I find out anything, I'll report back when I get back to somewhere with wifi service 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

We are back on land, but still traveling so no pictures yet (they are on two different cameras, neither of which is the iPad I’m posting from). Short version is it was great! The sand was soft, the beach gorgeous, there was a roped off area for swimming to avoid boats and jet skis, or you could go in anywhere. We had fish cakes and sweet potato friends, which were both yummy. A bucket of beers was 6 for $20, but they were little 8oz beers 😞 Still, a great afternoon. And quiet. You could see the water inflatable from the boatyard, but they were far enough away to not bother the view or noise - if you are one to avoid that type of stuff. If you like it, copacabanna might be too boring. 

2 hours ago, sft429 said:

So is Pirate's Cove open?

We passed it. I didn’t notice anyone there, but I didn’t look too hard. The van driver said they switched bc pirates cove had gone downhill, with no mention of my theory from above. 

On 12/25/2018 at 10:00 AM, rubytue said:

We are back on land, but still traveling so no pictures yet (they are on two different cameras, neither of which is the iPad I’m posting from). Short version is it was great! The sand was soft, the beach gorgeous, there was a roped off area for swimming to avoid boats and jet skis, or you could go in anywhere. We had fish cakes and sweet potato friends, which were both yummy. A bucket of beers was 6 for $20, but they were little 8oz beers 😞 Still, a great afternoon. And quiet. You could see the water inflatable from the boatyard, but they were far enough away to not bother the view or noise - if you are one to avoid that type of stuff. If you like it, copacabanna might be too boring. 

How much to rent chairs and umbrellas? Was there a drop off getting in the water or a climb to get out? Would like to try here in February. Thanks

9 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

How much to rent chairs and umbrellas? Was there a drop off getting in the water or a climb to get out? Would like to try here in February. Thanks

Check their web site for prices.  No drop off, just White sand and clear water.  I would also consider Boatyard, Harbor Lights and other nearby beach clubs.

15 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

Apparently, that is the one picture I didn’t take. Pretty sure it was $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We did the $30 chairs, umbrella, and snorkel boat here: https://www.tranquilitycruises.com/. That also included transportation, which was very nice. There were some folks in out taxi van, which was glory tours, that just did chairs, umbrella, and transport. I can’t find that option listed anywhere on glory tours website or Copacabana’s Facebook page. I think I saw it listed on viator,  no idea of the price. Could probably contact glory tours directly about it. http://www.glorytours.org/

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 3:25 PM, rubytue said:

Apparently, that is the one picture I didn’t take. Pretty sure it was $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We did the $30 chairs, umbrella, and snorkel boat here: https://www.tranquilitycruises.com/. That also included transportation, which was very nice. There were some folks in out taxi van, which was glory tours, that just did chairs, umbrella, and transport. I can’t find that option listed anywhere on glory tours website or Copacabana’s Facebook page. I think I saw it listed on viator,  no idea of the price. Could probably contact glory tours directly about it. http://www.glorytours.org/

Question.  Did they have the tarzan boat on the property?  I saw references to it on their facebook page.  I'm leaning towards there if it is available as it have something for my daughter to do while onsite. 

• 3 weeks later...