2019 World Cruise sold out

dusababy

My first glance reaction at the title of this thread was that the whole Workd Cruise was sold out and that gave me a momentary “oh my gosh”.   Understanding that it really is just a segment makes a whole lot more sense.   Of course I haven’t looked but my guess is that Silversea, like most lines that offer “world cruises”,  set aside a number or percentage of cabins for passengers who indeed want to do the whole cruise start to finish and then waitlist those cabins for potential assignment to virtually the last minute.   

3 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

My first glance reaction at the title of this thread was that the whole Workd Cruise was sold out and that gave me a momentary “oh my gosh”.   Understanding that it really is just a segment makes a whole lot more sense.   Of course I haven’t looked but my guess is that Silversea, like most lines that offer “world cruises”,  set aside a number or percentage of cabins for passengers who indeed want to do the whole cruise start to finish and then waitlist those cabins for potential assignment to virtually the last minute.   

Exactly right.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, dusababy said:

SFO to PTT -- San Francisco to Papeete only this time.  I know this is unlikely but doesn't hurt to ask.   And I'm sure Silversea wouldn't go along with it.   Maybe we'll get lucky somehow.

I so hope you two will be able to get a suite on this segment.  It is way too soon for a "swan song"!  We really enjoyed dinner with you on the TA and hope to have another in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

I so hope you two will be able to get a suite on this segment.  It is way too soon for a "swan song"!  We really enjoyed dinner with you on the TA and hope to have another in the not too distant future.

We too have our fingers crossed.  Always late - but very hopeful we'll get lucky.   If so -- it's a date! (more than once). 🙂

I believe that you and W are taking too many cruises without me! Here's a thought; how about a TA in the spring,on the Wind. Ft Lauderdale to Tower Bridge. I'm considering it as an add on to an already booked cruise around the British Isles. Even if you do get on the WC segment...and I hope you do..why not come with me on #2915?