Frequently receiving a "404 Bad Request" error

I'm using Chrome Version 71.0.3578.8 as my browser running Windows 10 pro. 

On a fairly regular basis as I am clicking through the message board, both pages of discussion and into new topic discussions I get the following error:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

It seems the only way to get rid of this error is to close out of all windows and reopen. I typically don't navigate my way back to cruise critic after that happens a few times. 

I've not experienced this error on any other website. 

53 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

This Bad Request error is driving me crazy. I find that I have to clear my cookies and restart my browser at least once per day but it keeps coming back. I'm using the latest Chrome version on Windows 10.

Have you emailed help@cruisecritic.com about the problem? What was the response?

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Have you emailed help@cruisecritic.com about the problem? What was the response?

I sent an e-mail this morning so I haven't received a response yet. I figured I'd post here as well though since it doesn't look like I'm the only person experiencing this error.

I posted about this problem in the "bugs & glitches" forum which apparently has disappeared. That was back in October. There was no resolution then and pleas for help were pretty much ignored.

Yes, I've cleared my cache and cookies over and over again. It is NOT the solution to this problem.

I gave up trying to access Cruise Critic via Chrome and use Internet Explorer instead. It's a hassle since I have no use for IE otherwise. This problem has chased a lot of posters to FB. It's a big headache.

Good luck!! And if you do stumble upon a solution, could you update this thread? Thank you!

~Denise