Noise on Decks 12 or 13 Getaway

rustyroo

Looking at mini suites on Decks 12 or 13 midship on the Getaway. Is there a lot of noise due to Splash Academy, particularly at night. We have young kids of our own, but we want them to be able to sleep at night? Is noise a factor on either of those floors. I like 12 because there are connecting mini suites still available (we will be traveling with family), but is 13 quieter ( i believe the actual entrance to Splash academy is on 12)?

we'll find out next week. Our cabin number is 12884.

Our 7 yo sleeps through anything - a working TV, house alarm, dogs barking, etc., but the noise would bother US. I have to sleep with ear plugs because I am bothered by the smallest noises.

Somebody else on this board said the other day that kids were running in the hallways on deck 12 all hours of the night, but she said she doesn't necessarily blame Splash academy for it.

The entrance to Splash Academy is by the forward elevators on deck 12. The upper level is only accessible by stairs inside Splash Academy so deck 13 is not affected by the kid's club. IIRC the deck 12 mini-suites are sold as Family minis due to proximity to the club. Most on deck 12 are connecting cabins and sleep four so the hallways will be more active with kids coming and going from the club.

We sailed in cabin 13180 on Breakaway in 2017. We loved the location and had zero noise issues even though we were very close to the elevators. If you have a choice take deck 13 for quiet.

Edited by Paul Bogle

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, rustyroo said:

Please let me know when you return!

ok, so there was no noise coming from the inside of the ship (as in - from the Splash academy, which is far away), but mom reported very loud banging noise day and night outside, on somebody else's balcony. She said it didn't bother HER, but it would definitely bother me. This is for balcony cabin 12884 for 3 people total. She had a fantastic steward Nino, by the way.

We had two very windy nights (between Costa Maya and Roatan, and then between Roatan and Cozumel), plus the ship had to sail fast, so the door separating the balconies was very loudly banging all night long, and I couldn't sleep. Even with the ear plugs. Hubby couldn't sleep either. This was a large balcony cabin 9712, forward, a 4 person cabin.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On Deck12, you’ll get a little more kid traffic (I.e., misbehaved kids running in the halls) than other decks. 

wrt banging balcony dividers need to be addressed as soon as it happens. Not weeks later on CC. Constant thumping is probably something mechanical that can’t be fixed (just a bad choice of rooms). 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

On Deck12, you’ll get a little more kid traffic (I.e., misbehaved kids running in the halls) than other decks. 

wrt banging balcony dividers need to be addressed as soon as it happens. Not weeks later on CC. Constant thumping is probably something mechanical that can’t be fixed (just a bad choice of rooms). 

what do you mean - weeks later? We got off the Getaway yesterday. But I don't think it could have been addressed - what can anyone do about the strong wind hitting the poor metal door at full force? We were all the way in the front of the ship and there was nothing in front of that door, and the wind was horrendous. We didn't have this problem on the first 2 and the last 2 nights - it was quiet, and the wind was pretty much normal.

Here is the photo of said door.

20181217_073932.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

oh, and I was surprised - there was music playing in the hallways, but we couldn't hear it in the cabin.

By the way, people were definitely smoking on the balconies. We couldn't use our balcony most of the time, because the cigarette smoke was awful. At some point I got so fed up, I stepped out on the balcony and yelled "stop smoking on the balcony!" 5 minutes later we were able to use the balcony.