Premium Beverage Package - Does it make sense?

rburzanko

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have no idea how you are ordering fifths of any kind of hard liquor - Princess only lets you order 375 bottles not 750's.  So what you are getting are 1/2 fifth bottles at a very high price

You are correct - too late to go back and edit. 

Clearly, I'm not really up on alcohol lingo. And of course it is sold at a very high price but what isn't on a cruise? We never even finish the ½ fifth bottles. Hopefully my main point is not lost that everyone's mileage differs. 

Hubby and I get coffee cards and the soda and more package.  I've done the math and found out the soda and more isn't worth it for me to buy anymore, since I'm a tea drinker.  

Our last cruise, the grown kids had the booze package, while hubs and I had the soda.  We traded in our minibar for coffee cards for hubs and I.  I didn't use the soda card as much as previously, because of the coffee card.  I probably won't get the soda card for me on our upcoming Feb 2019 sailing.

Even the grown kids had a hard time meeting the almost $70 a day on port days, I'm going to say they hit the mark on about 1/3 of the cruise, on a 4 port intensive 7 day cruise.  That's counting everything, coffee, soda, water, juice and booze, so if we had paid for it, it would have been a bust.  

I think I actually bought 3 alcohol drinks, so it's definitely not worth it for me.  

It's a personal choice you have to weigh for yourself.